IC Metamorphosis Alpha

MonsterMash

Are you mochrieing me?
Validated User
"Yes start at dawn tomorrow so we have plenty of food". Heindiss builds a smoking rack and fire to start getting worms and fish ready.

Last edited:

DavetheLost

Validated User
Smoking the worms and fish is easily done. In a day or two you are ready to resume your travels. The amphibians wish you well and add their hopes for your success in restoring the river you all depend on.

Soon after leaving the trail you had been following Peters out. Now you are walking through the forest keeping direction by the river always towards your right. It is a landmark that is impossible to misplace, even in its shrunken state. You spy only small, harmless flora and fauna, although once a winged biter hisses an angry warning at you not to approach her nest. You give her a wide berth. The winged snakes are as long as a man's arm and their bite is deadly. No hunter has ever managed to sneak up on one or take it unawares. The young can sometimes be tamed and make excellent watch creatures. You make mental note of the location of the nest for your return trip.

[OOC: Can I get a marching order and your general traveling procedures?]

Hammer is in the centre of the group, unless ridden by Llel. In that case the spider goes where told.

If there's game to be caught or run down or snared Hammer willingly goes for it and if the group is threatened will do the whole I'm a giant spider so bugger off routine. If that doesn't work a nice web to the face usually works...

tomas

Validated User
Gab stayed near the middle of the group as they made their way up the river knowing he wasn't much of a fighter or hunter. He spent most of the time trying to absorb his surroundings so that he could create a story of their journey upon his return to the tribe.

MonsterMash

Are you mochrieing me?
Validated User
Heindiss is happy to lead the group forward with his shield ready and mace in hand in case they run into antagonists too close to evade.

Unka Josh

Social Justice Game Dev
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Heath, as well, tended to take the lead-- between her speed and strength, she was a dangerous foe, well-suited to dealing with such foes as might arise.

DavetheLost

Validated User
With Heindiss and Heath in the lead the group set off again along the river bank. Travel is slower without a broken trail to follow. A couple of uneventful days pass. There are hazards, but they are easily spotted and avoided.

Up ahead comes a flash of sunlight reflecting off something shiny. It is not the river, it came from across it and farther off. Whatever it is it seems to be moving slowly.

Top Bottom