• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.
  • Help Block Article 13. The EU is getting to ready to pass a directive widely known as "Article 13", which will flip copyright requirements on their head in the EU. Where before the law of the land has largely been 47 U.S.C. § 230, which does not hold sites like forums responsible for what their users upload, as long as they respond to take-down requests, now sites would have to proactively monitor and OK every single thing published to their site. There's a long lead-up to the disaster that's likely to follow: EU states would have to turn this directive into law, and even afterward smaller sites would have three years in which they didn't have to put out the millions of dollars required to design such filters. But the long-term result is that the EU is likely to be cut off from a lot of sites on the internet, because the requirements are frankly untenable. If you're in the EU and would like to protest, you can visit https://saveyourinternet.eu/act/. (The EU is also voting on a very problematic link-tax directive that has already failed spectacularly in Spain, for which see the EFF's discussion, and it's worth protesting too, but it's Article 13 that will permanently balkanize the internet into the EU and the rest of the world.)

Metro Exodus discussion - Training Day

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Is it weird that I've developed a Witcher style weapons model? Shotgun is for Beasts, Kalashnikov is for Humans.....

The transmission from the Ark is totally fine and not at all suspicious....

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
The Yamatau level is freaking great. Tense, exciting and creepy.

Spoiler: Show
Plus you can shoot the hell out of those cannibal fucks with no guilt whatsoever. Scum.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Man, fuck the Slavers in the Caspian. But the Baron's announcer is fun:

"Listen up everyone, the Baron's is about to speak! The Baron is speaking...... Ok, the Baron has finished speaking!"

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Giul is pretty awesome. And I love her Lighthouse apartment, with all the nice carpets and teapots.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Between Anna (having a larger role), Katya and Giul, it's nice to see the Metro series introducing more female characters (and Central Asian characters, like Giul and Dimir).

Last edited:

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
This game is... really pretty great, to be honest.
Yeah, I'm having a blast with it, really interesting, varied and atmospheric. And the story is pretty great. I like how the loading sign records how far the Aurora has traveled.

Where are you up to?

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
One thing I'm really enjoying is that missions with the other Rangers who, are very bro-like in character are always a lot of fun. Unlike other games going for a similar feel, like Bulletstorm. I think it's because Artyom's buddies always give the impression of being kind hearted bros. There isn't a mean bone among them.

Argent

Anywhere... just not here
Validated User
I had to pause for a while after getting the "less good ending" for the Caspian Desert
Spoiler: Show
because I couldn´t pixelbitch enough to find one fucking lever to open one fucking cage that you apparentlyt have to open after all the others so it is even possible that I tried that first and then came to the conclusion that it does nothing
, and since there was no way whatsoever to replay that that doesn´t involve restarting the shole game I just had to go AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHGGGG! for a bit.

But now I´ve hit the taiga and am having funw ith the crossbow. And also having an emotional moment as I realised who the hunters were.

Top Bottom