Metro Exodus discussion - Training Day

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
I had to pause for a while after getting the "less good ending" for the Caspian Desert
Spoiler: Show
because I couldn´t pixelbitch enough to find one fucking lever to open one fucking cage that you apparentlyt have to open after all the others so it is even possible that I tried that first and then came to the conclusion that it does nothing
, and since there was no way whatsoever to replay that that doesn´t involve restarting the shole game I just had to go AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHGGGG! for a bit.

But now I´ve hit the taiga and am having funw ith the crossbow. And also having an emotional moment as I realised who the hunters were.
What's the "less good" ending?

The Baron gets killed, but Dimir stays to help Giull?

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
I had to pause for a while after getting the "less good ending" for the Caspian Desert
because I couldn´t pixelbitch enough to find one fucking lever to open one fucking cage that you apparentlyt have to open after all the others so it is even possible that I tried that first and then came to the conclusion that it does nothing
, and since there was no way whatsoever to replay that that doesn´t involve restarting the shole game I just had to go AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHGGGG! for a bit.

But now I´ve hit the taiga and am having funw ith the crossbow. And also having an emotional moment as I realised who the hunters were.
You can replay chapters from the main menu, which is still a lot but not the whole game.

Argent

Anywhere... just not here
Validated User
What's the "less good" ending?

The Baron gets killed, but Dimir stays to help Giull?
Exactly this, yes.
You can apparently get Dimir to stay on the train if you free the slaves, except that needs to be all of them. And I stupidly only freed the entire crew of that early work camp and everyone in the cages under the slave ship but couldn´t free Bob in his singular cage. So Dimir stays, presumably to fight for Bob.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Exactly this, yes.
You can apparently get Dimir to stay on the train if you free the slaves, except that needs to be all of them. And I stupidly only freed the entire crew of that early work camp and everyone in the cages under the slave ship but couldn´t free Bob in his singular cage. So Dimir stays, presumably to fight for Bob.
Ah, that's as I expected. I freed Bob but apparently missed some slaves to free at the Oasis. But Dimir came with me, despite expressing admiration for Giul. I think it's not a bad ending for his character if he does stay - helping Giul kill slavers is a noble endeavour.

A different spoiler, still in Caspian

Did anyone else find the "Baron" alone by shoreline near a cave? He claims to be the real one, the one on the rig being a double. But he's clearly crazy, referring to mannequins as guards. I shot him for safety.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
In the Taiga level, this was once some kind of Communist Youth Camp right? For recreation?

I bet Pirates and Pioneers were teams for camp games before the war....

Last edited:

Acrozatarim

Safe with us pandas.
Validated User
On the Caspian good ending - I'm pretty sure you just need to rack up enough overall Karma points through doing good stuff, rather than it being keyed to specific things only. For ex, on the Volga, I *failed* to do one thing that someone else was swearing blind was vital to get the Volga good ending, but I got it anyway because I guess I managed enough other happy-bat-screech moments around the map.

In the Taiga level, this was once some kind of Communist Youth Camp right? For recreation?
Pretty much. I'm not sure it was Communist any more by 2013, though :p Just retaining the name and the statue of Lenin, presumably.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Just encountered a very funny bug - two bandits in the Taiga stuck in a constant loop of saying "What are we even doing here?" "This is a shit place". Over and over for as long as I was in the area. :LOL:

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
The Children of the Forest are pretty adorable, but also rather sad. Good worldbuilding.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
I hereby award the Master of the Forest the Annihilation award for excellence in creepy mutant bears.

I'm so surprised Alyosha actually did end up attracting a lady.

Fade

Validated User

I bet Pirates and Pioneers were teams for camp games before the war....
When I saw a bunch of people pretending to be pirates then came across an abandoned youth camp my first thought was that somebody had read too much Peter Pan

Top Bottom