• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

Metro Exodus discussion - Training Day

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
So the Dead City is a real fun gag by the developers - "Oh, so you're complaining that you spend too much time in Exodus outside, not stuck in irradiated tunnels pursued by mutants? Well, we have something for you, wise guy....."

Argent

Anywhere... just not here
Validated User
On the Caspian good ending - I'm pretty sure you just need to rack up enough overall Karma points through doing good stuff, rather than it being keyed to specific things only. For ex, on the Volga, I *failed* to do one thing that someone else was swearing blind was vital to get the Volga good ending, but I got it anyway because I guess I managed enough other happy-bat-screech moments around the map.
Then I just don´t know, because I tried to be a do-gooder (as I always do) at every damn point, all over the map. Including taking people down in, uh, "Less lethal" ways when at all possible (and sometimes even when it was near-suicidal).

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Finished! That was a truly excellent game with a tense and then uplifting ending. I really liked the use of the Main Theme in the last car drive. And the happy resolution was earned, after all we went through.

Overall, I was surprised and impressed by the strong character work. All the characters are pretty stock standard, but you have enough time with them to make the relationships seem strong and genuine. Special shout out to Artyom and Anna for feeling like they were genuinely in love, a rarity for games. And to Artyom's buddies in the Order for feeling like real friends.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Metro Redux was on sale on the PSN recently so I'm going to replay the first two games. I just started Metro 2033, and I'm reminded of how atmospheric it is, with a strong sense of place.

Top Bottom