• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC [MHRP] Voyage of the Star Witch

Garyfury

Implacable Mustelid
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'd like everyone to recollect their character writeups here for future reference. The IC thread can contain immediately relevant OOC blocks for clarification; this thread can be used for general administrivia and side chatter.

We have contributions from Spider-Woman 2099, Syla and Eclipse for ship trraits. I wasn't super sure about what the cosmic web drive represented, except that tractor-like functionality was described.

(I note that there are as yet no armaments, which I am sure pains Rocket Storm deep in her heart of hearts.)

The Star Witch

Distinctions: Redundant Systems
Armed and Dangerous

Cosmic Senses D10
Enhanced Durability D8
Enhanced Reflexes D8
Space Flight D12
Cosmic Web Drive (Telekinesis) D8
Cloaking System (Invisibility) D8
Energy Blast D8

SFX: Med Bay. In a transition scene with access to the Star Witch, step back physical stress by 2 steps instead of 1. Successful trauma recovery actions also step back trauma by 2 steps instead of 1.
Limit: Piloted Vessel. Your ship takes stress separately from you and is destroyed by taking D12 Stress. Anyone opposing a roll made using this set may use the ship's Stress or the pilot's stress.

Last edited:

wormmonda

#TwitterIsTransphobic
Banned
Validated User
Doctor Octopus/Dr. Olivia "Liv" Octavius
"Actually, my friends call me Liv. My enemies call me Doctor Octopus."

Affiliations: Solo D6, Buddy D8, Team D10

Distinctions:
Eccentric Genius
Attractive Transgirl
The More the Better

BIOMIMETIC TENTACLES
Superhuman Strength D10, Arm-Walking D6, Stretching D8
SFX: Grapple. When inflicting a complication on a target, add a d6 and step up your effect die.
SFX: Multiple Arms. Add a d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target.
SFX: Protective. On a reaction against a physical attack action, inflict physical stress with your effect die at no PP cost or spend a PP to step it up by +1.
Limit: Tangled. Change any BIOMIMETIC TENTACLES power into a complication and gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity or remove the complication to recover the power.

MICROGRAV ADAPTATION
Enhanced Reflexes D8, LIDAR Senses D8, Superhuman Durability D10
SFX: Backup Systems. Spend 1 PP to reroll when using any MICROGRAV ADAPTATION powers.
SFX: Immunity. Spend 1 pp to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from suffocation or radiation.
SFX: Emergency Reserve. Shutdown your highest rated MICROGRAV ADAPTATION power to step up an BIOMIMETIC TENTACLES power by +1. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.
Limit: Power Failure. Shutdown any MICROGRAV ADAPTATION power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

Specialties:
Combat Expert d8
Science Master
Tech Master
Medical Master

Backstory:
Olivia "Liv" Octavius (born Otto Octavius) had a turbulent upbringing. Her father Torbert Octavius, a factory worker, was abusive and violent towards both Liv and her mother Mary Octavius. Young Liv's queerness and genius-level intellect got her labeled as a "teacher's pet" and targeted as a subject for bullying. Torbert did not appreciate having a bullied "son", and roared at Liv to use violence in dealing with the bullies. Mary Octavius would defend her daughter from Torbert's tirades, saying Liv was a gifted thinker who would use her brain to solve problems. When she was twelve, Liv used the money she got from her patents to start her transition, which enraged her Father further. After she obtained her doctorate, she confronted her Father about wasting all the money she made on alcohol, and in the heat of the moment her Father pushed her into heavy machinery, destroying both of her arms. Luckily, Liv was commissioned to create a suit that would enable astronaut to work in microgravity as well as aquatic creature live in water, and with the help of her colleagues she managed to fuse the suit with herself, replacing her arms with numerous tentacles. She then tried to murder her Father in revenge, but she snapped out of it after she was stopped by Spider-Woman, and the two became involved both romantically and in crime fighting, with Liv handling Spidey's gears.

For a ship module, I propose Bio Lab Med Bay.

Last edited:

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Posting as a placeholder; I can't do as much with my computer in its state. I hope that soon it will be fixed.

t@nya

Asgardian rainbow dragon
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Spoiler: Show

Kaul Lokison, God of the Sun

Basic Appearance: 6’4”, black hair, golden eyes flecked with bronze, weighs 650 lbs; excellent singing voice, looks in his mid twenties.

Just like a certain fictional wizard, Kaul resembles his father physically (if Loki had gone into a serious weight-training program), and even sounds like him, but has his mother’s eyes, having short dark hair and golden eyes flecked with bronze, that tend to glow when he’s pissed off or is in battle.

Affiliations: Solo d6, Buddy d10, Team d8

Distinctions: Frost Giant/Asgardian God of the Sun, Redemption Through Good Deeds, Son of Loki and Joreid

Frost Giant/Asgardian

Superhuman Strength d10, Superhuman Durability d10, Superhuman Stamina d10
Illusions d6

SFX: Immunity, spend 1 pp to ignore stress, trauma, and or complications from cold and frost attack types
SFX: Focus (Allspeak); you may replace 2 dice of the same size with 1 of the next higher size, when it comes to actions based conversations.
Limit: Exhausted.

Sun God

Plasma Generation d10

SFX: Area Attack, add a d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional targer

SFX: Immunity, spend 1 pp to ignore stress, trauma, and or complications from light, heat, electricity, and vacuum attack types
Limit: Conscious Activation

Specialties

Acrobatic Expert: d8
Combat Master: d10
Psych Expert: d8
Science Expert: d8
Tech Expert: d8
Vehicle Expert: d8

Milestones

I Promise, I’m a Hero!

1 xp when you aid another superhero or save an innocent.
3 xp when you save the life of someone who had previously doubted you
10 xp when you not only gain the trust of an enemy of Loki, but their friendship as well, or if the enmity is too hard to overcome and they declare their undying hatred

Background
Description: Kaul was born and raised on Misgard in the 20th century by his mother, Joreid, in an effort to negate any influence Loki might have on his son; he was given the Midgardian name Robert Gray (friends call him Rob)

Kaul has a love of music and singing, and of 20th/21st century Earth culture (genre stuff). Also dinosaurs and ancient history, because that’s cool. He loves piloting spacecraft as well.

He has a love of family, passed down by his mother, and he’d love to be accepted by his Asgardian kinsfolk (both by blood and adoption, his mother, Joreid, is the niece of Odin), especially since he grew up an only child, even if that seems difficult at times. He doesn’t think much of his father: his betrayel of his family pains him.

Citizenship: dual American/Asgardian

t@nya

Asgardian rainbow dragon
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Real life stuff getting me down. :(

Will post when feeling better.

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Rocket Storm
https://www.deviantart.com/kakuboi/art/Rocket-Storm-788080517
Affiliations Solo D6 Buddy D10 Team D8

Distinctions
I don't know what you mean by Overkill
I got a Plan, It's not a Good One
Cute Raccoon Girl

Powersets

Mom was a Muntant and Dad was... unique
Enhanced Reflexes D8, Enhanced Senses D8, Enhanced Stamina D8, Electric Blast D6
SFX: Weaponized cuteness - Step up the effect die attempt by Rocket Storm to pass herself of as harmless
SFX: I have a plan. When creating weapon assets for Rocket Storm's allies add D6 and step up the affect die by 1
SFX: Gonna Super Charge This Thing - Rocket Fire can step up the damage of any energy weapon as high as she wants, but must move that die into the doom pool after the roll
Limit: Muntant
Limit: Awwww. Step back the highest die on any action based on being taken seriously

Big Friggn Gun
Weapon D10, Force Field D8
SFX: All this and grenades too! Again multiple targets add D6 and keep an extra affect die
SFX: Controlled Fire means using both hands! Against a single target step up or double big friggn gun die, remove the highest die and use three dice as your total
SFX: Good thing I brought this improbably large gun. At the cost of creating a resource you may step up our double weapon for the duration of the resource.
Limit: Gear, Shutdown

Specialties: Combat Expert, Covert Expert, Crime Expert, Acrobatic Expert, Tech Expert, Vehicle Master, Cosmic Expert

Milestones
Visit New Places, Meet New People, Blow Something Up

1XP When you offer a direct, blunt approach to a complicated problem
3XP When you start trouble by shooting the bad right in the face (well, any body part) or inflict mental stress on a hero who is over-thinking his problems and being an angst ridden idiot
10XP When you defeat an enemy through direct, physical confrontation or take a step back and elect to use a more subtle methodology

Who's Your Daddy (or Mommy)?
1XP When you talk about your supposed parents and any concerns you might have related to your existence
3XP If you actively seek out information about your parents, or inflict emotional stress on another hero when mocking them for placing importance on family.
10XP If you fight you way out of situation to avoid any chance of meeting either Strorm of Rocket Raccoon, or you actually meet either or both of them.

History
Rocket Storm, if asked, and even if not, will happily regale (she will even draw pictures) those who might listen about how her father, Rocket Raccoon, and her mother, Storm of the X-men, shared a night of drunken passion in the High Evolutionary's personal study and his liquor cabinet. After that she is a bit fuzzy about how she came to be so far from Earth, and how old she is, and stuff like that.

She does recall the prison where she was being kept, and experimented on. And her nascent electrical powers that let her blow up the locks. And the fight. Oh the wonderful, wonderful fight. So many explosions.

She stole a ship, some guns and escaped, though some unfortunate explosions (one of which was the ship) has left her without a way to backtrack to the prison.

She won't say she thinks it might be possible that she was not the result of a night of passion, but of DNA samples being merged in a sterile lab. It does not bare thinking on. Rocket Storm is will to accept she might not have be conceived in love, but she dearly hopes it was a night of lowered inihibitions and deep regrets.

Personality
Rocket Storm is a fun loving extrovert who enjoys a good party and a good fight in equal measure. Give her a ship to fly and a gun to shoot and she is content.

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
For the ship do you want to take the Firefly route? 3 Distinctions, 2 assets?

Garyfury

Implacable Mustelid
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I was just adding MHRP traits as seemed to fit what people wanted connected. I'm not sure how setting up a ship according to the way the Firefly rules do it would mesh with using the ship in action scenes, and -- present IC setup notwithstanding -- it seems more likely that characters will find a way to disperse from the ship to act in most situations.

t@nya

Asgardian rainbow dragon
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Kaul’s addition to the ship, something more frivolous: multi-media and gaming area, including virtual reality headsets. Which could be used in training as well.

Top Bottom