OOC [MHRP] Voyage of the Star Witch

t@nya

Asgardian rainbow dragon
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Just letting you know, I’ve come down with an annoying cold, with headache attached, so I may be a little slow on posting until I’m feeling better.

Garyfury

Implacable Mustelid
RPGnet Member
Validated User
MHRP is just swingy, from action to action. And/or, I may still be getting the hang of gauging threats vs. the number of PCs in a scene.

I was very underwhelmed by the effectiveness of the opposition in the space battle, so I did want to make this thing a bit scarier... modified by the fact that it's really not designed to attack PCs directly. Mind, that's also why I decided to juice up its action here, vs. deciding not to no-sell Syla's attack.

t@nya

Asgardian rainbow dragon
RPGnet Member
Validated User
A bit of a delay in posting, sorry: trying to come up with a Cunning Plan.

Edit: wiped out after going out; will post after I’ve had a nap.

Last edited:

t@nya

Asgardian rainbow dragon
RPGnet Member
Validated User
GaryFury, I’m going to have Kaul emit a mini solar flare, including mini coronal mess ejection, which also includes an EMP burst

Will my existing powers cover that?

Garyfury

Implacable Mustelid
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It's not much of a stretch even as it is, but it also sounds like a reason to buy a stunt. There are plenty of opportunities generated by the GMCs sitting on the table that you can buy to get a stepped up stunt die (D10).

One other rules option that I don't know if we've ever mentioned -- if you are worried about not having enough dice for an action, you always have the option to split up your specialty die for a roll (e.g. D10 -> 2D8 or 3D6, D8 -> 2D6). There are obvious tradeoffs with that, but it can help mitigate that heartbreaking thing where large dice come up as 1 and severely limit your options.

t@nya

Asgardian rainbow dragon
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It's not much of a stretch even as it is, but it also sounds like a reason to buy a stunt. There are plenty of opportunities generated by the GMCs sitting on the table that you can buy to get a stepped up stunt die (D10).

One other rules option that I don't know if we've ever mentioned -- if you are worried about not having enough dice for an action, you always have the option to split up your specialty die for a roll (e.g. D10 -> 2D8 or 3D6, D8 -> 2D6). There are obvious tradeoffs with that, but it can help mitigate that heartbreaking thing where large dice come up as 1 and severely limit your options.
Thanks.

So, perhaps leave off the Plasma Generation, and buy a stunt instead, and split up Combat Master. How’s that sound?

Garyfury

Implacable Mustelid
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Not exactly. The good thing about a stunt is that you get that die *in addition* to the trait die you are basing it on, for spending your plot point. The down side is that it's a one-off use.

I was thinking in terms of whether you had anything from your other power set that was going to make sense to include as well, and that if you didn't, it was going to leave you with a small pool.

Top Bottom