• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [MHRP] Voyage of the Star Witch

t@nya

Asgardian rainbow dragon
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Dublon thinks about that. "There's no one thing I can think of that stands out," he says. "But the Shistivari controlled an immense territory in their day. They had all the apparatus of a star empire at their disposal. We don't find a lot of their artifacts left after so long a time, but space is, after all, very large. I imagine one might start with imagining what this Llares would imagine to be valuable and go from there."

"One might start," observes Velto dryly, "with finding out just what the core contains, and imagining how he would expect to make use of it."
“Perhaps a map or directions to one those artefacts,” Kaul suggests, having come in during the conversation, “or something else of value. I don’t know about these Shistivari, but I do know something of Earth history; people often cached valuables when they had to flee their homes, intending to come back when things had settled down. Scholars have even found rare writings, describing the locations. Or, perhaps, information to a lost city or other settlement,” speculatively, “even a tome. An intact site like that, that hasn’t been touched by looters yet, could be very valuable to thieves.”

wormmonda

#TwitterIsTransphobic
Banned
Validated User
"Either way, I think it would be best if we accompany you for the rest of your journey." Liv told the space archaeologists. "Someone else might be after the same thing, after all, and I'd be lying to say I'm not curious about what you may find."

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Yeah, I wonder what's going on here, too," said Icestar. "...Something suspicious is going on, and there's likely to be more trouble."

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
Spider-Woman 2099
xp 2;

Kimba stands between the marooned pirates and the researchers. She has traded her suit and related tech for a grey tank top and work pants, and a barcode-like tattoo is visible on the side of her neck. She sips from a mug of hot tea emblazoned with an Alchemax logo and the text "You don't have to be an evil POS to work here... but it helps!".

"Well, perhaps before we go around like lightball strikers without nets, maybe we should get some info."

"Hey, Rocket Storm. You see any inhabitable planets on the scanners? What about only kind of inhabitable ones?"

Kimba smiles sweetly at the pirates, trying to find the one who seems to be in charge, "Gentlemen. I think we all know who gets to decide which sort of world you all end up on while you wait for the Novas to send someone out." She sips her tea slowly.

"So. It looks like you didn't attack a ship full of scientists and researchers by accident. What were you after?"

Garyfury

Implacable Mustelid
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Even after rounding up the survivors from the ProwlShark and adding them to the collection of captives, it's not obvious that any of them was in any greater position of authority than Trenn. The Star Witch crew has been able to identify the body of a blue Kree from this ship as that of Venn-Tarr, the captain. A green-skinned Demavi woman claimed to be the ship's navigator, and judging by what she's said thus far, she's either the genuine article or very good at faking it.

"We were supposed t' make sure that we got hold a' all the goods they were carryin' back home," Trenn is explaining. "Any sort a' writings, bits or pieces they had. Any sort a' old tech. You know, 'artifacts'. Other than that, we'd get shares out a' whatever we could junk the ship for, assumin' we could take it for a prize. And any sort a' other gear they might have on 'em, that'd be taken and thrown inta a lottery."

"Venn-Tarr wasn't really in the habit of explaining himself too much," the Demavi puts in. "The Commodore might have told him what it was all for, but that wasn't for us to know."

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Venn-Tarr wasn't really in the habit of explaining himself too much," the Demavi puts in. "The Commodore might have told him what it was all for, but that wasn't for us to know."
Rocket Storm was trying on Venn-Tarr's hat, which (along with a few other shinies) she had taken off the body... only a little bloody... vacuum very good for keep stains from setting. "Krutackin' thing covers up my ears. I mean, that's a travesty of justice." She looked at the possible navigator. "The Commodore? Who's he, she or it when he, she or it is at home?"

Garyfury

Implacable Mustelid
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Llares. The Commodore. The boss," she says. "I mean, he tries on a new nickname every month, but I'm not gonna hold that against him if he gets things done."

wormmonda

#TwitterIsTransphobic
Banned
Validated User
"Interesting." Liv mused as she idly picked up the hat Rocket Storm had thrown out with one tentacle while sharpening a scalpel with another (the action of the other six tentacles are omitted for brevity). "And where might we find this Commodore ?"

Garyfury

Implacable Mustelid
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Demavi spacer looks at the pair of them shrewdly. She seems to know full well that she's being played in a game of Bad Cop, Worse Cop, but if nothing else she's doing a commendable job of keeping her expression composed. "That sounds like a useful detail," she says. "What's it worth? Me, I'm cheap. I would happily settle for being put down unharmed on a civilized world, and left to walk away, never to be heard from again."

Trenn gives her an evil look, but she ignores it: he can't do anything to her unless Liv and Rocket and the others let him-- and some of them would be more than happy to enact any such violence themselves.

OOC: I'll throw out the option of doing one of a couple of things here. First, just spend a plot point for a Resource die - a Cosmic Base Intelligence resource is what springs to mind, but I'd entertain other ideas. Second, someone could try to create an asset, and I'll cook up some stats for an opposing roll since the Doom Pool is kaput at the moment.

Top Bottom