IC [MHRP] Voyage of the Star Witch

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
Spider-Woman 2099
xp: 2; pp: 1+1-1-1=0;

Swarmed with technology, Spider-Woman curses. Every time she tries to teleport out, her line of effect is blocked. "I've had about enough of this."

A few rapid eyeblinks summon up a heads-up-display in her visual field. The words, Defensive Countermeasures?, appear in the corner of her eye in blinking red, Wall-Crawling Subsystems Will be Rendered Non Functional. "Confirm!" she shouts.

The attractor-coils of her suit's gauntlets overload, electrifying the surface of her armor and creating a localized repulsive wave around her.

OOC: Targeting the Complication on me with an Attack.

Spending 1pp and claiming an Opportunity for a Tech Master-based Resource. Shutting down my wall-crawling for an extra pp.

http://orokos.com/roll/721088: 1d10 6 1d8 5 1d8 1 1d8 3 1d10 4 1d8 6

Gonna spend another PP to keep a second die.

Got a Total of 17 and a d10 effect.
 

Garyfury

Implacable Mustelid
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Although Syla (and then the EMP) have done a fair job of clearing out the pestering little devices grabbing and groping at Kimba, they remain remarkably persistent. Still, the repulsor wave does blast a good number of them away from Spider-Woman, sending them skittering and bouncing along the floor and giving her a little more ability to move and maneuver.

OOC: I buy your opportunity. Doom Pool to 1D6+1D8+1D10+1D12

Team 3D6, Light D4 (D6->D8 DP), Enhanced Reflexes D8, Combat Expert D8, Swarmed Complication D12: 3#1d6 4 6 3 1d4 1 1d8 7 1d8 2 1d12 3

Total of 13, D12 effect, 1 opportunity. Swarmed steps back to D10.

The Doom Pool goes to 2D8+1D10+1D12. Who's next?
 

t@nya

Asgardian rainbow dragon
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC:

GaryFury, should someone else just choose who goes next, if the last person hasn’t posted for a while?

 

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
OOC: argh. Okay who is still lose,?
 

t@nya

Asgardian rainbow dragon
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Checking back, we’ve got Syla and Aster still to go, of the PCs

That reminds me; GaryFury, how are we going to write Liv out of the game?

 

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
OOC: Checking back, we’ve got Syla and Aster still to go, of the PCs

That reminds me; GaryFury, how are we going to write Liv out of the game?

OOC: Go for it Aster.
 

KreenWarrior

Legal Smeagol
Validated User
Eclipse sees that attacking the core has some effect, and an unnaturally wide, toothy grin spreads across the creature's face as it momentarily drops to all fours before bounding like an animal over to the power core, where it extends a half dozen tendrils crackling with electricity of its own, as well as two clawed arms, to try to rip the orb out of its housing.

OOC: Trying to inflict physical stress here. I'll use my Bonded Symbiote as a d4 to get myself a PP (Eclipse is acting recklessly by touching the thing directly), then roll as follows: Team d6, Bonded Symbiote d4, Enhanced Senses d8, Superhuman Strength d10, Tech Master d10. So 1d4, 1d6, 1d8, 2d10. 2, 2, 3, 5, 2. Ugh, that's not even salvageable. I'll take an 8 with a d10 effect die. Sylva can go next.
OOC:
 

Garyfury

Implacable Mustelid
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Trying to inflict physical stress here. I'll use my Bonded Symbiote as a d4 to get myself a PP (Eclipse is acting recklessly by touching the thing directly), then roll as follows: Team d6, Bonded Symbiote d4, Enhanced Senses d8, Superhuman Strength d10, Tech Master d10. So 1d4, 1d6, 1d8, 2d10. 2, 2, 3, 5, 2. Ugh, that's not even salvageable. I'll take an 8 with a d10 effect die. Sylva can go next.
OOC: Remember that you've got the already-inflicted physical stress to roll as well. I ran the roll and it's not bad: Physical Stress: 1d10 7

That gets you to a 12; I don't know if that changes your thoughts about juicing up your result.
 

KreenWarrior

Legal Smeagol
Validated User
OOC: I'll stick with the 12, I don't have much to add
 

Garyfury

Implacable Mustelid
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It's possible that Rocket Storm's attack has made the entity wary of the core's physical vulnerability. As Eclipse comes within range, a burst of electricity arcs out of a damaged capacitor and into the symbiote, delivering a powerful jolt that sends it staggering backward. Parts of the stunned symbiote peel away from Aster before it reasserts itself.

OOC: Team D10, Predatory Instincts D4(D6 -> DP),Electrical Mastery D8,Intangibility D10,Tech Master as 2D8: 1d10 1 1d4 3 1d8 8 1d10 7 1d8 1 1d8 3
That's a 15 with a D8 effect. 2 opportunities. I'll spend a Doom Pool D8 to use the effect die to inflict physical stress (D8) on Eclipse. Doom Pool goes to D6+D8+D10+D12.
 
Top Bottom