• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [MHRP] Voyage of the Star Witch

t@nya

Asgardian rainbow dragon
RPGnet Member
Validated User
“I’m taking the pirates back with us,” Kaul says, “I mean, there might be a price on their heads, right?” was his somewhat feeble argument.

Garyfury

Implacable Mustelid
RPGnet Member
Validated User
To the best of Rocket Storm's recollection, i does remain an imaginary number, in this universe anyway. She'd heard that things were rather different in the Negative Zone....

At length, she looks upon her assemblage of volatile chemicals and shaped charges designed to blast together a great many substances that shouldn't be made to react, at least not when one was any closer than, say, several planetary diameters away. A thing of imminent carnage and beauty.

OOC: For Rocket Storm Bomb: 3D8+6: 1d8 1 1d8 6 1d8 6 1d6 4

So a 12 with a D6 effect, and there's an opportunity. 1 level of extraordinary success, stepping the Very Distracting Explosion asset to a D12.

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Rocket Storm started giggling. Never a good sign.

"Anyone who does not want to become a cloud of radioactive particles expanding at the speed of light should probably get back on the Star Witch," she said, scampering out of the hold.

She looked at Kaul and the pirates he was carrying. "Can I probe them? In honour of Liv," Rocket Storm explained as she wiped a tear from the side of her face. "Liv loved the probing, and the cutting and the science for the sake of science."

t@nya

Asgardian rainbow dragon
RPGnet Member
Validated User
“Absolutely not,” Kaul says, flatly, to Rocket, as he runs to the Star Witch, “and, yeah, I know I’m no fun!”

KreenWarrior

Legal Smeagol
Validated User
Momentarily unaware of the possibilities that Rocket Storm is exploring in the cargo hold, Aster sets to work laying in a set of canned maneuvers for the captured ship's autopilot, based on the current relationship to the pirates' base. While this won't allow for true remote control of the ship, it should give some flexibility to trigger different responses if the tactical situation evolves unexpectedly.

OOC: The Doom Pool result was http://orokos.com/roll/743245: 1d8 6 1d8 4 1d8 4 1d6 2. That gives a total of 10 with a D8 effect, so your Well Programmed Autopilot asset is a go.

It looks like you rolled D6+3D8 instead of D6+3D8+D10. I think the best you could possibly do with the D10 is a 16 with a D8, though... either managing that roll and stepping up the effect die, or just taking the D10 for the effect die makes your Asset a D10.
Aster rejoins the others as they head back to the Star Witch. "Please don't give Eclipse any ideas..."
OOC: I rolled and got a 1... I assume that gets my PP up to 2. I forget if I can use a die that rolled a 1 as an effect die; if so I'll make it a d10, if not, a d8.

Garyfury

Implacable Mustelid
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Huh. I forgot about the possibility that you'd roll a 1. So you actually can not use that for your effect die, and you get a d8.

I do buy the opportunity, so take a PP, and the Doom Pool goes to 4D8.

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Okay," Rocket Storm said, "don't freak out, cause if you freak out I'll shoot you. Just making sure we all know what the deal is so no one is saying, 'you shot me' and sound all surprised. Okay? So I stole that core and rigged it up so we can pull data from it. So I am thinking we find back door into that big ship that we go through when that other ship explodes in their cargo bay? We all good with that? And recall the fact I am not taking the shooting off the table."

t@nya

Asgardian rainbow dragon
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Kaul says, wryly “somehow, I’m not at all surprised. Fine, it’s a plan, just signal when you want me to trigger the explosives.”

Top Bottom