• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Mini Painting Rookie Style

Owesome

Social Justice Warmonger
Validated User
Just asking on the off chance, does anyone in New Zealand know of a good alternative to Krylon primers? Dulux do an acrylic primer but I'm a little scared to try it...

ModernKiwi

The 1% of RPG.net
Validated User
I was for a while using a can of white acrylic spray paint (which may well have been Dulux) I'd bought from my local Placemakers, but I threw it out a while back after I got sick of having to wait for the right weather conditions. It did a reasonable job, but these days I prefer gesso as a primer.

dmakovec

Validated User
I just got two minis and am getting started this weekend. Two questions first: the minis come in separate parts (one has an arm that needs to be attached, the other a hammer head). What do I use to adhere the parts? They're metal figs. Do I adhere them before or after priming?

Crakkerjakk

Validated User
What does everyone use to store their paints? In particular I'm looking for something that could store Reaper paints in a relatively organized fashion.

Crakkerjakk

Validated User
I just got two minis and am getting started this weekend. Two questions first: the minis come in separate parts (one has an arm that needs to be attached, the other a hammer head). What do I use to adhere the parts? They're metal figs. Do I adhere them before or after priming?
I don't know what you do with metal figs, but this video seems to cover the basics:

[video=youtube_share;Om4Gu8HWZGM]http://youtu.be/Om4Gu8HWZGM[/video]

Cessna

Gritty AF
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
No one has any input on what they store their dropper paints in?
Nothing useful. I store mine in big storage bins. I put a drop of paint on each cap so I can see the color, but that's it.

Top Bottom