• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

💀 Necro Miniatures with Interchangeable Parts - Ever done successfully?

Mortimer

Validated User
I don't mean like the multipart kits ... well kind of like them, but rather than glowing in a piece to a miniature and thats it they have pins you can stick on and switch out as you like. Last thing I remembered like that was Saurus' in I think the 5th ed Warhammer box game, which had arms with different weapons and different heads that could be stuck to the body.

Spectralent

Time for octopi
Validated User
I'm not sure if they're technically what you mean, but having just gotten into Gunpla kits, I can say that all of the modern ones have functionally interchangeable limbs.

Mortimer

Validated User
Lets say a 28mm miniature with multiple parts. Lets say you get a selection of weapons for it, a sword, an axe, a spear. This is pretty normal, for most you glue this on and thats that ... you now have a miniature with a spear. What I'm thinking of is where it has something like a kind hole and a pin system that lets you slot one of the above in, than remove it later and slot another weapon in. So if you wanted to visibly swap up the equipment or such of your mini.

Littleredfox

Validated User
Lets say a 28mm miniature with multiple parts. Lets say you get a selection of weapons for it, a sword, an axe, a spear. This is pretty normal, for most you glue this on and thats that ... you now have a miniature with a spear. What I'm thinking of is where it has something like a kind hole and a pin system that lets you slot one of the above in, than remove it later and slot another weapon in. So if you wanted to visibly swap up the equipment or such of your mini.
So basically Lego Minifigs?

durecellrabbit

Validated User
You'd have to have like metal miniatures for that?
You can do it with plastic models. Instead of glueing an arm to the body you drill a hole in each part and put a magnet in. The magnets then stick to each other and you can swap the arms around.

Mortimer

Validated User
You can do it with plastic models. Instead of glueing an arm to the body you drill a hole in each part and put a magnet in. The magnets then stick to each other and you can swap the arms around.
Do any miniature manufacturers do that directly? Or is that fan solution?

Weltenreiter

The ur-twink
Validated User
You'd have to have like metal miniatures for that?
No, you'd pin some metal in one end and a minimagnet in the other.
Seems to be popular for attaching X-Wing ships to their stands to get adjustable ships.

Edit: fan solution.

Edit edit: heh, is the usual metal miniature not-lead-anymore stuff even magnetic? :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom