• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

MLP Fanfic Thread Mark V: Vinyl Scratch's Ministry of Wub

Stryke

Bang and a Boom
Validated User
Oh man, I really really should get back to writing Hoofsmouth...
And I should get round to reading it :p

Ah. My point was that the situation that was described more or less actually happened in canon Escaflowne, wings and all.
According to a guy on my blog on Fimfiction it was started by Eureka 7 where the dialogue plus wings happens like that exactly.

I've just finished chapter three of my Chrysalis/Cadance ship fic which is being pretty well received at the mo which is nice :)

Ithaeur

Relic Unicorn
RPGnet Member
Validated User
In the spirit of the thread title, I'm going to post a couple of fic suggestions.

First, Nineteen Neighty-Four. I'm almost certain it's been posted in one of the earlier threads, but what the heck; it's hilarious and fits the thread title in the best worst way. :D

The second is Tales of the Canterlot Deportation Agency: Ben by estee, a very different human-in-Equestria fic about a man living in a community reserved for the humans who end up in Equestria accidentally, or arrive peacefully but can't get back out. It's a good read, and a crossover. To tell exactly what it's a crossover with is spoilery, though; don't read the comments until you've finished the story! (It's also a sequel to TotCDA: A Typical Day, which is totally worth reading too.)

Cruton

Retired User
First, Nineteen Neighty-Four. I'm almost certain it's been posted in one of the earlier threads, but what the heck; it's hilarious and fits the thread title in the best worst way. :D
That's utterly brilliant.

The second is Tales of the Canterlot Deportation Agency: Ben by estee, a very different human-in-Equestria fic about a man living in a community reserved for the humans who end up in Equestria accidentally, or arrive peacefully but can't get back out. It's a good read, and a crossover. To tell exactly what it's a crossover with is spoilery, though; don't read the comments until you've finished the story! (It's also a sequel to TotCDA: A Typical Day, which is totally worth reading too.)
...and that left me feeling like an ice cream scope was lodged in my brain. I suppose it's true -- if you told Equestrian's about that place, you get exactly that reaction.

Jorlem

Validated User
According to a guy on my blog on Fimfiction it was started by Eureka 7 where the dialogue plus wings happens like that exactly.
And I will point out that Escaflowne did it a decade before Eureka 7 aired.

EthanSRDM

Ad-absurdum
Validated User
So, I've kind of waffled back and forth about making a post about my MLP fanfic stuff in this thread, mostly because I can be somewhat self concious about my own work, and some of the things I attempt. But...what the hay.

I go by GreyGuardPony on FiMFiction.net and I have two stories up, and one more that's being worked on so far. Of the two posted to the website one is completed and one is in progress.

The first A Skitch in Time is an attempt to kind of play with the concept of a transgendered character and an attempt to do a little more with the Human in Equestria sub-genre. It's...rough, if I'm honest with it. I did a little too much tell, over show, and I'm not sure I handled the trans aspect well. But there were some bits of it that I liked, and I think I kept my OC from dancing over the Mary Sue line.

The second Of Kingdoms and Cutie-Marks is a sequel to the first one, but something I'm more happy with so far. Mostly because I've been moving it more towards a set alternate universe this time, with world building (my blog on the site has entries on many of the other nations that exist outside Equestria) and what I think is a little bit of a deconstruction, as my OC's constant viewing of Equestria and the Mane Six as something that needs protecting costs her some.

The one that I don't have up on the site right now is something I'm writing for the Lunaverse group, for their Nightmare Night themed event. Don't really have a link to post for it, alas, but I could always use another pre-reader if anyone's interested.

So...umm...that's them. Feel free to take a look, if you want. :eek:

Top Bottom