• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[MLP] Fanfiction is Magic! (RPG.net fanfic archive thread) [necro]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithaeur

Relic Unicorn
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So, in one of the other MLP:FiM threads, people were commenting on their own fanfic projects, and the possibility of a RPG.net ponyfic repository was raised. This is that thread!

As the thread starter, I'm going to be tooting my own horn louder than the brass section of a marching band, so here's my ponyfic repository on dA. :D

Spoiler: Show

A Dinner and a Proposal - Rarity dines with Hoity Toity, and receives an intriguing proposition from the fashion pony.

Appledashed - A bit of tragically one-sided shipping with Applejack and Rainbow Dash, based on this pic by John Joseco on dA: "Apple and Rainbow in a Barn"

Dashomon - Four different perspectives from four different ponies, telling the story of how Rainbow Dash and Applejack became a couple. (I still love the pun in the title! Also, this is something of a conceptual reverse of "Appledashed" above.) gain, this was inspired by a pony pic by John Joseco: "Hey guys, what's going on?" :D

Dark Equestria, Part One and Part Two - A retelling of the first season premiere, set in a dark and sort of Gothic alternate Equestria, where Queen Luna has reigned for a thousand years. It even spawned this wonderful piece of fanart! :D Lady Rarity & Derpy

So, now is your turn. Share your fanfics, and tell us about your favorite stories by other authors!

Gattsuru

Banned
Re: [MLP] Fanfiction is Magic! (RPG.net fanfic archive thread)

Nthing Progress. It's got editing issues (so... many... typing errors!) but the characterization and humour really make up for any such matters and then some. Despite the more overt matters, it also manages to put surprisingly subtle characterization and callbacks as the series goes on. Very definitely a series that picks up as it goes on, though; Luna vs. Baseball isn't nearly as strong as the later chapters.

CLAVDIV should well deserve to toot his own horn on the matter, but Ditzy Doo's Dismally Derpy Day is good enough that I'll do so as well: it's short, but a very compelling and a very complete look at a character that's too often treated as just a sight gag or has her agency stripped away for the sake of tugging heartstrings.

Ponies Discover /co/ is a little trite, but it keeps everyone in character and feels almost like an episode of the show.

Melting Pot enjoys itself with a lot of different bit (or fan) characters, and does well at it. There's some romance, both het and les, which doesn't come across as very compelling, but the juggling plotlines keep the ponies interesting and leave a lot of room for interesting developments.

Junior Speedsters Forever is another strong one.

And What Do You Do With a Drunken Unicorn? is funny enough to cement my personal viewpoint of holding Twilight as unable to hold her liquor and a few characteristics for Rainbow Dash...

Ah Ain't Got no Ack-cent! is one of the few works outside of Brian Jacques to do accents meaningfully, and it's a delightful romp of a show with excellent characterization for its focus.

Last edited:

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Sunny Skies All Day Long, a fun lighthearted fic about Celestia going incognito in Ponyville. Very much like an episode.

Powerful is a nice short Trixie fic about her life after Ponyville.

A Twilight and Trixie story is a comedy fic with a somewhat one-sided pairing between the two.

David Goodner

Observer
Validated User

I cannot express the fear that the phrase "RPG.net ponyfic repository" raises in the deepest parts of my soul.

:)

David G.

DLathrop

In 'Tia and Luna's Army
RPGnet Member
Validated User

I cannot express the fear that the phrase "RPG.net ponyfic repository" raises in the deepest parts of my soul.

:)

David G.
So far of what I've read, they're quite good!

DL

PTiKachu

Damaramu will regret this
Validated User

Ithaeur, that was you??? *waves*

Love your Dark Equestria! Oh yeah, I'm supposed to get back to you on those errors... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom