[MLP FiM] Thread 11 - Snail's Late-Blooming Auto Shop

Unka Josh

Social Justice Game Dev
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm thinking that Twilight Sparkle is being groomed for a pair of wings to go with her horn...

ResplendentScorpion

neither glitter, nor substance
Validated User

The new thread is right on time for the beginning of Season 3 - an epic two-parter that explores the origins of Princess Cadence, present a new sinister villain, and shows our pony friends being awesome again.

Previous threads - One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten.

The last thread was appropriately named after the hero of the hour - Spike.

Here is a link to the current fanfiction thread, for everything fanfiction related.

Notable WIW threads: sun tzu, Stryke, Dawfstar.

Last edited:

DLathrop

In 'Tia and Luna's Army
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I don't know WHAT was in that book that ::boomfed:: in there at the end, but I WANNA know.

Also, we have had SOLID PINK!

DL

ANT Pogo

Yuki Approved
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It kind of disturbed me when Celestia used Sombra's evil magic.

It really disturbed me when Twilight did the same, after learning it by simply watching Celestia use it that one time.

Though that flashback-to-1000-years-ago bit at the very beginning, where Celestia and Luna team up to cast a magic blast at Sombra, was sheer awesome. More of that, please!

DLathrop

In 'Tia and Luna's Army
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It kind of disturbed me when Celestia used Sombra's evil magic.

It really disturbed me when Twilight did the same, after learning it by simply watching Celestia use it that one time.

Though that flashback-to-1000-years-ago bit at the very beginning, where Celestia and Luna team up to cast a magic blast at Sombra, was sheer awesome. More of that, please!
Heh, disturbing, yes. Probably nothing they'd either use regularly...

Also.. erm, have to address the gigantic dragon in the room.

Did the Power of Love just straight up KILL A PONY?

DL

Edit: "That's the Power of Love..."

ResplendentScorpion

neither glitter, nor substance
Validated User
As I mentioned in the old thread, that was a very satisfying episode. Had its rough moments but they were barely noticeable, the early songs made sense now and stood better in context than in the previews. Good one-liners and reaction images, good tension, some decent gags, Twilight and Rarity being themselves, DARK MAGIC... gonna need time to organise my thoughts, but overall a very good start.
Also, Princess Cadence is best javelin.

Oh, and before I forget - Floam>Gak.

Last edited:

Tiran

Validated User
I'm curious if anyone else was dissappointed. I thought it was kind of weak for a season opener personally. Sombra was a boring villain, although he looked kind of cool. The songs were bland, but I was expecting that since they were shown ages ago. Honestly, I'd rate it among the weaker episodes of the show, even if it weren't a season opener.

There was some cool stuff though. Loved Twilight reverse gravity sliding up the stair case, Celestia's demonstration of the effects of dark magic in the crystal empire was neat. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy jousting was funny.

Also the episode titles leaked were basically confirmed. I can't wait for some of those.
I'm thinking that Twilight Sparkle is being groomed for a pair of wings to go with her horn...
I was thinking that too. Either that, or she's being groomed for a leadership position.

Stormfalcon

Just slumming
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I do have to admit to being a little disappointed with King Sombra. However, following on the heels (or should that be "hooves") of Discord and Queen Chrysalis, he had some rather tough acts to follow.

Top Bottom