[MLP FiM] Thread 12 - Gilda's Dweeb-Free Awesome Eyrie

Stryke

Bang and a Boom
Validated User
'Sup dweebs, welcome to the latest in a long chain of pony threads. Course now you get to talk about me, so consider yourself lucky to be talking about a griffon so awesome.

Previous threads - One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven.

Post all Pony-related stuff that isn't a WIW, fanfic rec, or otherwise for another thread here so if you've got news (though please see the note below), snazzy fanart, amazing PMV's, just plain great pony music (WUBWUBWUB), all kinds of shipping, crazy theories, want to insist that [insert pony here] is in fact best pony, or just want to declare that Fluttershy is your waifu this is the thread for you :)

Here is a link to the current fanfiction thread, for everything pony fanfic related.

Current WIW threads: Sun tzu's, mine, and Dawgstar's.

Please mind the spoilers for the sake of everyone's enjoyment of the thread, unless it's from an aired episode keeping it hidden under black bars and sblocks is highly appreciated.

Last edited:

Ithaeur

Relic Unicorn
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Remember, she's a griffon, not a cockatrice!

Nor a pony!

And definitely not a...

Okay, that rocks. Gilda can be a human, too. :D

(Source here)

On the subject of the show, I don't know if I necessarily want to see Gilda's return. But I really would like it if they did something with griffons again. I think there's a lot of potential in them.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Gilda thread!

Gives me an excuse to throw up some Gildash Offspring pics:

Char originated from the Rainbow Feather Replies tumblr, and this gallery has 'em all and their sources.

Last edited:

Stryke

Bang and a Boom
Validated User
Okay, that rocks. Gilda can be a human, too. :D

On the subject of the show, I don't know if I necessarily want to see Gilda's return. But I really would like it if they did something with griffons again. I think there's a lot of potential in them.
Out of all the characters I don't think there's any doubt even if I'm not sure why that Gilda definitely works the best humanised.

I'm not sure I want her to come back either. Don't get me wrong as after Magic Duel I'm sure they'd do her justice, but honestly not every character has to be redeemed. Still I'd take her back in a heartbeat if it was a choice between having her back or the Flim Flams.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm not sure I want her to come back either. Don't get me wrong as after Magic Duel I'm sure they'd do her justice, but honestly not every character has to be redeemed. Still I'd take her back in a heartbeat if it was a choice between having her back or the Flim Flams.
Gilda may not need to come back for Gilda's sake, but she was one of Dash's old friends, and I think aside from Trixie has the most potential story hooks of the social villains.

I'd like to maybe see her in some flashback ep.

Wirebrain

Rating: Epicly Ordinary
Validated User
Been mostly busy to set this up, but then I decided to wait for the new thread before I made this happen -

Here's Close Encounters of the Derp Kind, the screenplay I wrote for an animation short and one of the ideas I had for a "side 6" comic, involving lesser known characters going on adventures when the mane 6 are doing other stuff. For the sake of the concept, Raindrops is a sci-fi/fantasy nerd and beleaguered co-worker pal of Derpy. Allie Way is the ultra competitive but understanding cousin of Vinyl Scratch.

The elevator pitch is "Derpy meets aliens, hijinx soon ensues."

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Gilda thread!

Gives me an excuse to throw up some Gildash Offspring pics:
Hilarious thing is, Griffons and Horses are cross fertile in the myths. They are known as Hippogriff.

Erik Sieurin

Translemurist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hilarious thing is, Griffons and Horses are cross fertile in the myths. They are known as Hippogriff.
Well, some myths anyway. One thing about Griffons in beastiaries and the like is that they cannot resist horsemeat = must kill all horses. Virgil talks about mating griffons with horses in a golden age or paradise, when the lion already lies down with the lamb, etc. The hippogriff was introduced as a joke - "there can be no more impossible kritter than this, nudge nudge say no more".

That said, I think it would be cute to see a hippogriff in FiM. Preferrably a foal/chick/cub with its parents. That would be awesome. What the heck, let the little squib be Gilda's half-sibling!

Stryke

Bang and a Boom
Validated User
Oh I kind of did a Gilda fanvid once.

[video=youtube;CZ6L_Li3M4c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ6L_Li3M4c[/video]

That's enough justification for posting this again... right?

:)

Top Bottom