[MLP FiM] Thread 13 - Trixie's Great and Powerful Stage

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Re: Speaking in tongues

And I'm not really one for ponyshipping, but FlutterDash is practically canon at this point.
I still maintain that RD gave Fluttershy a little peck on the cheek after saving her from those changelings during the big fight at the wedding.

Either to keep her spirits up or for luck.

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User
Re: Speaking in tongues

Trixie is my favorite pony. Who'd have guessed? ;)

*Ahem* Actually, this is kinda like what happened in the show. Gilda gets shoved off and Best Pony takes center stage. :p

Orthodox_Gozerite

Validated User
I never understood Trixie love, but others probably don't understand my feelings for the Dark Princess of the Night.
Every character is somebody's favorite. Even King Sombra.

I can understand the love for Trixie. She's bold, she's brash, she refers to herself in the third person and she's the greatest showmare in all of Equestria! What's not to like?

Besides, look at it from her perspective. She's trying to put on a show and she's drawing hecklers before she can even start her set. She handles it beautifully, humiliating the rude idiots who would ruin the show for everybody in an entertaining fashion. Nobody gets hurt and Trixie strikes a blow for traveling entertainers everywhere. Then two morons who can't tell the difference between hype and reality lure Godzilla back to town. Trixie's cart is smashed, her livelihood destroyed, her life in danger. Does she run? Hell no. SHE IS THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE!

Trixie's efforts come to naught, but what do you expect? She's a stage magician. This is a hell creature from out of the Everfree Forest. It's like giving David Copperfield a hard time for failing to defeat Dracula. In the aftermath Trixie runs because who wouldn't? When it comes out the twit twins summoned the Ursa Minor for her to defeat? She is going to get blamed and Hicksburg isn't exactly friendly to traveling entertainers. These are the kind of rubes who think that actors are changelings because they paint over their cutie marks when playing a part!

And through it all, Trixie retains the kind of poise and grace that would make Rarity green with envy.

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User
Every character is somebody's favorite. Even King Sombra.

I can understand the love for Trixie. She's bold, she's brash, she refers to herself in the third person and she's the greatest showmare in all of Equestria! What's not to like?

Besides, look at it from her perspective. She's trying to put on a show and she's drawing hecklers before she can even start her set. She handles it beautifully, humiliating the rude idiots who would ruin the show for everybody in an entertaining fashion. Nobody gets hurt and Trixie strikes a blow for traveling entertainers everywhere. Then two morons who can't tell the difference between hype and reality lure Godzilla back to town. Trixie's cart is smashed, her livelihood destroyed, her life in danger. Does she run? Hell no. SHE IS THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE!

Trixie's efforts come to naught, but what do you expect? She's a stage magician. This is a hell creature from out of the Everfree Forest. It's like giving David Copperfield a hard time for failing to defeat Dracula. In the aftermath Trixie runs because who wouldn't? When it comes out the twit twins summoned the Ursa Minor for her to defeat? She is going to get blamed and Hicksburg isn't exactly friendly to traveling entertainers. These are the kind of rubes who think that actors are changelings because they paint over their cutie marks when playing a part!

And through it all, Trixie retains the kind of poise and grace that would make Rarity green with envy.
I wish I could 'like' this post. because this sums up pretty much what I feel about Boast Busters. Seriously, no one has ever given me a good reason why Applejack, Rarity and Dash couldn't have just... walked away. And to be honest, I don't think anyone's gonna be able to, either.

Ithaeur

Relic Unicorn
RPGnet Member
Validated User
And I'm not really one for ponyshipping, but FlutterDash is practically canon at this point.
Amusingly enough, it's one of the ships that I really don't "see" in the show. Rarity and Applejack? Sure! Pinkie being all genki girl for Dash? Sure! AJ and Rainbow Dash as competitive best buddies with benefits? Twilight bonding with Dash over their shared love of Daring Do? Works for me!

But the "old friends growing closer and understanding each other better" thing just overrides any shipping inferences in my mind. :)

Monkey King

Stay classy
Validated User
Amusingly enough, it's one of the ships that I really don't "see" in the show. Rarity and Applejack? Sure! Pinkie being all genki girl for Dash? Sure! AJ and Rainbow Dash as competitive best buddies with benefits? Twilight bonding with Dash over their shared love of Daring Do? Works for me!

But the "old friends growing closer and understanding each other better" thing just overrides any shipping inferences in my mind. :)
I don't see it as strongly as some other ships, but there was that bit at the beginning of Dragon Quest. Rainbow Dash sounds an awful lot like she's making Fluttershy come on a date, because they did that boring thing Fluttershy liked last time.

To be rebellious, I assumed most of the cast remained off-screen during Hearts and Hooves Day because they were with background ponies we've never met. The Mane 6 do have lives outside of each episode, after all, and for storytelling reasons, the show isn't going to introduce Pinkie's boyfriend out of nowhere unless he's relevant to the story in some way. I ship OCs and you can't stop me.

Top Bottom