[MLP FiM] Thread 21 - Twilight's BBBTE (Big Brother Best Thread Ever)

Egyptian

21st Century Digital Boy
Validated User
I kind of wonder if they might not close out the series by ascending the rest of the Mane 6, and then Twilight would never have to worry about outliving her best friends. (I'm talking in the finale, not the premiere.)

And in other future fates, I suspect Starlight will take over Twilight's school to run for her.
I thought Meghan McCarthy confirmed that Twilight and Cadence are both alicorns, but not immortal.

Bremen

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I thought Meghan McCarthy confirmed that Twilight and Cadence are both alicorns, but not immortal.
As I recall, they just said Twilight wouldn't outlive her friends. But there are so many alternative explanations to that I suspect it was deliberately worded to be vague :p

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Do a thread like what happened with Tirek, Harmony incidents that come together when they all ascend. Times when each of them prove themselves worthy of being a Princess in their own way.

Tumbleweed

Supporting Cast!
Validated User
So, a thought.

One that's gonna be pretty out there, to be honest, and more in the "Celestia as Chessmaster" fanon interpretation which ... isn't exactly how the show goes, but still.

What if the whole "I'm retiring, you're in charge, Twilight!" thing is a ruse? Put Twilight in charge, make it look like Equestria's weak to draw out an old threat (like, say, Sombra) only for Luna & Celestia to come back and blastify them back into the stone age? I mean, we do see the two of them shooting some magic lasers in the trailer.

Of course, this is kind of a dark/realpolitik take on things, especially when Hasbro's probably got "Princess Rainbow Dash" toys or whatever to sell, so that's probably just my fanfic-brain overthinking things. Looking forward to seeing where S9 leads, one way or the other.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
So, a thought.

One that's gonna be pretty out there, to be honest, and more in the "Celestia as Chessmaster" fanon interpretation which ... isn't exactly how the show goes, but still.

What if the whole "I'm retiring, you're in charge, Twilight!" thing is a ruse? Put Twilight in charge, make it look like Equestria's weak to draw out an old threat (like, say, Sombra) only for Luna & Celestia to come back and blastify them back into the stone age? I mean, we do see the two of them shooting some magic lasers in the trailer.

Of course, this is kind of a dark/realpolitik take on things, especially when Hasbro's probably got "Princess Rainbow Dash" toys or whatever to sell, so that's probably just my fanfic-brain overthinking things. Looking forward to seeing where S9 leads, one way or the other.
It really isn’t how the show goes XD The most is expect is that Celestia throwing Twilight at problems was her being prepared to take the crown on purpose instead of by accident.

Tumbleweed

Supporting Cast!
Validated User
OH HEY GUYS.

So apparently a new EQG special dropped today? And it's ... alright? On the one hand, Rainbow Dash is pretty much The Worst(tm) for most of the show. On the other hand, it's got all kinds of ridiculous gags and silliness that I can't help but love.

I mean, there's a bit where Rarity kinda crushes on some random waifu-stealing dude ... who is drawn exactly like a male version of Applejack. Gurl got a type, I guess.

It's like there's some Hasbro exec who said "Whaddya think this is, Steven Universe? Give the fashion pony a boyfriend already!"

... at which point the animators said "Sure thing, boss!" and winked at the camera. There's gotta at least be one Rarijack shipper on the animation team (and I kinda want to shake his or her hand).

But yeah. It's a fun enough way to spend 45 minutes. Plus, y'know, FINAL SEASON PREMIERE is in a week, so ... woo? Honestly, if this special is any indication, I think things are gonna get balls-out crazy, so that's something to look forward to, right?

Ithaeur

Relic Unicorn
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sooo... have you guys seen the S9 opener yet?

I watched it, and I liked it. :) It's not perfect -- the worst part is that it's kinda rushed -- but it's a heck of a starter for the final season, and I'm hoping the rest of the season will build upon it properly!

DLathrop

In 'Tia and Luna's Army
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sooo... have you guys seen the S9 opener yet?

I watched it, and I liked it. :) It's not perfect -- the worst part is that it's kinda rushed -- but it's a heck of a starter for the final season, and I'm hoping the rest of the season will build upon it properly!
Oh, did I see it. I'm here at Whinny City Pony Con, and the producer as well as the voice actors and actresses for Zecora, Daring Do, Ahuizotl, and Gilda were here for it.

That room EXPLODED.

DL

Ithaeur

Relic Unicorn
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Oh, did I see it. I'm here at Whinny City Pony Con, and the producer as well as the voice actors and actresses for Zecora, Daring Do, Ahuizotl, and Gilda were here for it.

That room EXPLODED.
Ooh, yeah, I can believe that!

Top Bottom