[MLP FiM] Thread 21 - Twilight's BBBTE (Big Brother Best Thread Ever)

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
I'm fairly sure it's not going to happen, but part of me hopes that a significant part of these season will be spent with this four as they learn how to be friends.
I want to see that. Actual, sincere friendship, but no redeeming.
It’s not like Chrissi has been going mad from isolation and Cozy’s whole schtick is befriending people to manipulate them right?

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
If Chrissy learns to become friends would that automatically turn her into a colorful Changeling?
I don't think Cozy Glow's at risk of redemption, she already has 'friendship is only a path to power' down.
I don’t think Chrissi goes Jewel Bug just from making friends. It didn’t for Thorax, just started the process. It looks like the actual key is Agape.

Egyptian

21st Century Digital Boy
Validated User
I feel like Crissy’s story ends with Starlight telling her that a) the Dark Fire will not avail her, b) she cannot pass, and c) if she would just go back to the Shadow that would be great.

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User
I don't want Chrysalis to be reformed. She's rejected Starlight. She's been a thoroughly-evil, unrepentant jackass who's done some monstrous things in her appearances. Same with Tirek. And I'm glad Sombra got blown up again. Let's hope he stays blown up this time.

Shimauma

Awaits the Ponylarity
Validated User
I'm fairly sure it's not going to happen, but part of me hopes that a significant part of these season will be spent with this four as they learn how to be friends.
I want to see that. Actual, sincere friendship, but no redeeming.
Yes! I absolutely loved Cozy Glow using the lessons of the School of Friendship with her fellow villains.

Ithaeur

Relic Unicorn
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So! What did everycreature think of Ep.3, "Uprooted"? Personally, I quite liked it.

Spoiler: Show

The different takes each of the Student Six had about the Tree, and how to best remember it, were cool.
The "permission slip" montage was unnecessary, but fun, showing how different things are "back home" for each of them.
Yona being the voice of reason was unexpected! Yaks understanding impermanence, since they smash things up and rebuild them, makes weird sense.
And finally, the new Treehouse / Pleasure Dome of Harmony looks gorgeous. Sure it's there to sell the associated toy set, but still!

Tumbleweed

Supporting Cast!
Validated User
Apparently, this episode came from the writers sitting down Tara Strong & all the other voice actors and going "hey, what kind of stuff do you want to do in the show, but haven't had a chance yet?"

And then they patched together a plot for this silliness. I shouldn't be surprised they eventually did a heist episode, but rather that it took them this long to do it.

Also, I totally used the idea of shards of Chrysalis' throne as anti-magic talismans before in a fanfic. MY FANON IS CANON NOW. Or something.

... I also had some vague ideas of putting Zephyr Breeze into the Royal Guard, but I didn't get around to writing that particular fic just yet. Still, I remain best at ponies.

Egyptian

21st Century Digital Boy
Validated User
Also...

Spoiler: Show
The title is "Twilight's Seven". Twilight is the leader, so the Mane 6 are the first five (You don't count yourself, right?). Spike would be #6 on the team. So who is #7? Luna. They put it right there in the title.

Top Bottom