[MLP FiM] Thread 21 - Twilight's BBBTE (Big Brother Best Thread Ever)

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Still don't like Glimmer. :p And I've grown more and more attached to the Canterlot general populace as time goes on.

I gotta get back to my own WIW thread, too.

Yes. that is an actual Weird Al Yankovic doll. Caption contest, folks!
Trixie: Alright, at the count of three, let the goof off begin.

Cheese Sandwich: Alright Pinkie we got this. There's no way we can lose.

Pinkie: I'm not so sure about that. I mean there's no way YOU can lose, you're literally 3/4th of the competitors.

Cheese Sandwich: Details!

Weird Al: For the record, we tried to get the Eric Idle Wreck-Gar, but apparently he's involved in "Other projects."

Wreck-Gar: Just be glad Darkseid isn't here.

Pinkie: Wait, Weird Al voiced Darkseid.

Weird Al: Yes. Yes I did.

[video=youtube;DoZ9C9_TTQM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoZ9C9_TTQM[/video]

Trixie: Yeah I'm just gonna run like Hell now. You have fun. Try not to destroy reality too hard.

Pinkie: NO PROMISES.

Last edited:

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User
Trixie: Alright, at the count of three, let the goof off begin.

Cheese Sandwich: Alright Pinkie we got this. There's no way we can lose.

Pinkie: I'm not so sure about that. I mean there's no way YOU can lose, you're literally 3/4th of the competitors.

Cheese Sandwich: Details!

Weird Al: For the record, we tried to get the Eric Idle Wreck-Gar, but apparently he's involved in "Other projects."

Wreck-Gar: Just be glad Darkseid isn't here.

Pinkie: Wait, Weird Al voiced Darkseid.

Weird Al: Yes. Yes I did.

[video=youtube;DoZ9C9_TTQM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoZ9C9_TTQM[/video]

Trixie: Yeah I'm just gonna run like Hell now. You have fun. Try not to destroy reality too hard.

Pinkie: NO PROMISES.
You know... I do own a Darkseid and Generations Wreck-Gar figure. Hmm... then again, I'd have my Trixie beating the everloving hell outta Darkseid.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Speaking of Glim-glam and Season 7 spoilery stuff, there's a new trailer that's just gone up. Only a thirty-second bit, but it's intriguing, to put it mildly!

Spoiler: Show

[video=youtube;oowA7HeglAg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oowA7HeglAg[/video]

Magic circles, Sunburst and Starlight working together, and apparently ripping a hole in Equestria? Note also the translucent Twi and Celly looking on. Curiouser and curiouser!
Hmmm....

Spoiler: Show

Either

A) Celestia and Twilight are trapped in the Phantom Zone and Starlight and Sunburst are trying to go in to free them...

or

B) Celestia is showing Twilight some possible shenanigans Starlight might be getting up to without her there.

Last edited:

God_of_Awesome

Validated User
I feel there were some... shortsighted decisions made. Really shortsighted. Really really shortsighted. And yes, 'reforming' Discord was and still is near the top of the list.
Letting people off the hook for horrible stuff seemed like a conceit from the get-go, but then that depends entirely on what you think Nightmare Moon is. That is, was Luna full-on possessed, and therefore cannot be held responsible for her actions, or do you lean towards of it her going full-on heavy metal emo ass waffle, in which case, wow, she get let out of prison and put back on the throne, these ponies are really lenient.

I tend to lean towards "Got possessed, but it was her fault messing with things to upstage her sister in the first place." interpretation.

But then Luna got 1000 years moon and seemed genuinely repentant afterwards. Also, hit by the Rainbow Laser, maybe that helped. Discord had a similar punishment but doesn't seem to regret his actions. Starlight was made to regret her actions (albeit, not her philosophy) and was actually talked down by that, but she never faced any punishment.

So Luna gets the double-whammy, paid for her actions, balanced the cosmic check book, as it were, and actually feeling bad about it. Plus, she cute and there was that Rainbow Laser. Discord is hanging by a little pink-tailed thread to morality and Glimmer was never made to repay her debt to society, whatever the fuck that means.

Last edited:

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User
Letting people off the hook for horrible stuff seemed like a conceit from the get-go, but then that depends entirely on what you think Nightmare Moon is. That is, was Luna full-on possessed, and therefore cannot be held responsible for her actions, or do you lean towards of it her going full-on heavy metal emo ass waffle, in which case, wow, she get let out of prison and put back on the throne, these ponies are really lenient.

I tend to lean towards "Got possessed, but it was her fault messing with things to upstage her sister in the first place." interpretation.

But then Luna got 1000 years moon and seemed genuinely repentant afterwards. Also, hit by the Rainbow Laser, maybe that helped. Discord had a similar punishment but doesn't seem to regret his actions. Starlight was made to regret her actions (albeit, not her philosophy) and was actually talked down by that, but she never faced any punishment.

So Luna gets the double-whammy, paid for her actions, balanced the cosmic check book, as it were, and actually feeling bad about it. Plus, she cute and there was that Rainbow Laser. Discord is hanging by a little pink-tailed thread to morality and Glimmer was never made to repay her debt to society, whatever the fuck that means.
To be honest concerning Luna...

First off, I don't subscribe to any possession theories anymore. I don't read the comics, consider them canon or... even on average good from what I've seen. When it comes to Luna... I've lost most all sympathy concerning her and Nightmare Moon.

That sole image we saw in the series premiere looks to put Equestria in an agrarian society. And ponies need to sleep. Luna got jealous because ponies obeyed their Circadian Rhythms. I should also point out Celestia tried to reason with her, but then she turned into Nightmare Moon.

Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria, there were two regal sisters who ruled together and created harmony for all the land. To do this, the eldest used her unicorn powers to raise the sun at dawn; the younger brought out the moon to begin the night. Thus, the two sisters maintained balance for their kingdom and their subjects, all the different types of ponies. But as time went on, the younger sister became resentful. The ponies relished and played in the day her elder sister brought forth, but shunned and slept through her beautiful night. One fateful day, the younger unicorn refused to lower the moon to make way for the dawn. The elder sister tried to reason with her, but the bitterness in the young one's heart had transformed her into a wicked mare of darkness: Nightmare Moon.
Source

Luna disrupted the whole day/night balance and then tried to blast a hole in Celestia's chest.

As for later on, well, she had to deal with season-two Pinkie Pie. That's more than punishment enough for her.

God_of_Awesome

Validated User
Ah, fair enough then. Then, again, this seems to be a conceit from the get-go. Mind, I believe Discord's release-and-reform is the most extreme example, and that's not even if you include the Tirek incident, I do generally agree with the- not the overall philosophy. The tangential philosophy?

I generally agree in trying to reform criminals than punish them.

Stryke

Bang and a Boom
Validated User
[Not a mod]

Just a reminder this kind of debate has got people permanently kicked from these threads and I'd hate to see that happen again so might be better to just agree to disagree when it comes to certain flashpoint characters like Discord and Starlight?

[/really so not in anyway a mod and not speaking in any kind of official remit. Only a friendly suggestion from a concerned poster who likes his pony threads to be red text free.]

Top Bottom