Mobile Frame Zero: Frame Design Second Impact

ParadoxBoy

Retired User
Continued from the previous thread!

Mantisking, I had an idea: how well do you think it would go over at the Hangar to have a monthly (or otherwise periodic) challenge to build frames based on pictures of mecha? For instance, one month's challenge might be to put up a pic like this:

...and have people try to recreate it in brick form?

Mantisking

BosTan Cat Herder
Validated User
I can't believe I've had my first thread closed due to excessive length. :D

Mantisking, I had an idea: how well do you think it would go over at the Hangar to have a monthly (or otherwise periodic) challenge to build frames based on pictures of mecha? ?
It's an idea the Hangar Mod Team has discussed. The main disincentive is the Forge is the busiest part of the board and doesn't really need more encouragement for traffic. Also, the Frame Chef "competition" seems to come and go over there with varying amounts of participation. I'll talk about it with the other staffers though.

Last edited:

ParadoxBoy

Retired User
I can't believe I've had my first thread closed due to excessive length. :D

It's an idea the Hangar Mod Team has discussed. The main disincentive is the Forge is the busiest part of the board and doesn't really need more encouragement for traffic. Also, the Frame Chef "competition" seems to come and go over there with varying amounts of participation. I'll talk about it with the other staffers though.
The Forge section could be reconfigured into "general design - post your ideas" and "challenges & competitions," though, correct?

Mantisking

BosTan Cat Herder
Validated User
The Forge section could be reconfigured into "general design - post your ideas" and "challenges & competitions," though, correct?
Yeah. We're looking to drive up the activity level in the other areas of the board though.

Last edited:

ParadoxBoy

Retired User
I've got my eye on two sets that I want to mash up for parts: the Sunset Speedster from the Creator line, with the mini version of Sebulba's Podracer (the one that comes in the plastic Tattooine). Unfortunately, while I was able to find the former at the local department store, they seem to be out of the podracer (despite the fact that they were crawling with them back around Christmas, marked way down to like 3 bucks because they couldn't move them at all). The only place in town that has them both is the specialty hobby shop, which has a fantastic selection but has both of them marked at $16.95. For reference, the Speedster is available from Lego themselves for $12.99 and while the podracer has been retired, you can still get it at online shops for around $6.

Oh, and I should contribute something to the image tax, so here's something I was goofing around with. Not entirely satisfied with it, but it's interesting.

Spoiler: Show

Last edited:

Mantisking

BosTan Cat Herder
Validated User
I've got my eye on two sets that I want to mash up for parts: the Sunset Speedster from the Creator line, with the mini version of Sebulba's Podracer (the one that comes in the plastic Tattooine).
That's a lot of orange.

Unfortunately, while I was able to find the former at the local department store, they seem to be out of the podracer (despite the fact that they were crawling with them back around Christmas, marked way down to like 3 bucks because they couldn't move them at all). The only place in town that has them both is the specialty hobby shop, which has a fantastic selection but has both of them marked at $16.95. For reference, the Speedster is available from Lego themselves for $12.99 and while the podracer has been retired, you can still get it at online shops for around $6.
I grabbed up a bunch of the Podracer sets when they went on clearance and finally dropped to a reasonable price.

Another Mixel re-build for a Single Set Challenge.

Base Frame, on Flickr.

Top Bottom