• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

Mongoose RuneQuest 2 preview.

smascrns

Banned
Yes, I will buy it, but grudgingly. I think it is of very bad taste to call it RuneQuest II. Specially when they have examples with a character named Edric. I just hope that there's a mention to the REAL RuneQuest II in the game book, and to the company that put it together. After all, if Mongoose is so keen in copying Chaosium's ground breaking game, they can also copy that little mention in the front page where the true RQII thanks Gygax and Ken S. Andre.

On the other hand, a nice point: no political correctness.

jimbojones1971

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm thinking that I will probably get this version. I held off the first version of Mongoose RQ as I wasn't quite convinced that it was value for money, but I like what I am seeing and hearing about the second edition.

TheShadow

found the shaved monkeys
Validated User
There seems to be incremental improvement, as there should be. But Mongoose is still Mongoose - see the questionable naming decision, and yes even the cheesecake art.

Lawrence Whitaker

Validated User
Yes, I will buy it, but grudgingly. I think it is of very bad taste to call it RuneQuest II. Specially when they have examples with a character named Edric
Edric is a character from my long-run Stormbringer campaign.

I would have used Rurik the Restless but Openquest got there before me.

Top Bottom