• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Moon Design Joins Chaosium Ownership Group

Akrasia

Lord of Procrastination
Validated User
Re: Moon Design Takes Over Chaosium

Some more info:

As we already know, RQ6 will be the basis for Chaosium RQ. However, the Design Mechanism ("setting-free") version of RQ6 will go out of print next year. :(

BUT Design Mechanism will continue to produce non-Glorantha RQ6 material. So folks who like RQ6 but not Glorantha should have nothing to worry about. :)

Paul Watson

Validated User

Hmmm, some bitter (mainly the AiG delay) with the the sweet. But that's to be expected, and from where I'm sitting the sweet outweighs the bitter. Well, at least as far as RQ goes; fans of BRP/MW have my sympathies as we wait for some more solid news on that front.

Stone-Tharp

Validated User

RQ6 going out of print in favor a Glorantha-based version is . . . not the news I was hoping hope. I realize that new version will be compatible and Design Mechanism will be putting out non-Glorantha Runequest material, but still. Not what I was hoping for.

At least Chaosium is in good hands though.

AJ the Ronin

I am Loki
Validated User

That clears up the Runequest/Golanthara situation. What's the plan for Call of Cthulhu?

tomas

Validated User

That's really a shame about RQ6. Personally I never cared for Glorantha, but I'm not the one running the company.

Akrasia

Lord of Procrastination
Validated User

That's really a shame about RQ6. Personally I never cared for Glorantha, but I'm not the one running the company.
I think that it'll be easy enough to use the Chaosium version of RQ in settings other than Glorantha. Certainly non-Glorantha settings will continue to be available from DM.

And of course you still have a year to pick up non-Glorantha-ized RQ6, if you don't already own it! :)

tomas

Validated User

I do own it and like what I see. I was hoping the company would be able to publish more material for it.

Raleel

Validated User

I, too, am not excited for a Glorantha-ized RQ. I prefer the generic. Of course, I have it now. Just means that I'll get the rest of the books and be content with that.

As much as folks like Glorantha, I think I'd like to see some good alternatives in the S&S line for it. Thule, Xoth, or something a little more recognized like Conan or Nehwon.

I do like where they are going with Luther Arkwright.

Evil Walrus

Validated User

I love RQ6, it is perhaps my favorite system, but I have never cared for Glorantha at all. Soooo... yeah, not too happy about that bit of news. :(

At this point, all I want is that the PDF version of RQ6, as it currently exists, stays available for purchase after the transition as some people in the future may want a non-gloranthized version of the game.

Top Bottom