MoonHunter Sayeth 20180112

MoonHunter

Game Guru-Thread Shepherd
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Time Out

My seasonal affective disorder and related depression is finally catching up with me hard. I am still kinda productive. I can write and adapt existing ideas I have had. (If you don't believe me, check out that interconnected sphere thread I am so fond of.. I am having trouble being creative and inventing more. (This has been going on for a few weeks now.) This current burst of productivity is taking me three times as long as this many words usually does.

This issue is going to slow down my writing here, on my blog, and on my game. Anything that isn't more than just spitting out ideas I already have or just organizing (and organizing my organizing) is really hard today and I assume will be hard for the next month or two. Maybe I will snap out of it sooner, but today it hit me like a rock.

The reason all that hit me like a rock, was that I came down with a sinus infection (and possibly flu/ cold) yesterday afternoon. I had been fatigued and unfocused for days... then yesterday is was just horrible (but I pushed through until I just went to bed at 10 am.). I am pretty dysfunctional now between all of this. I will check in with you all when this gets better.

I think I will be writing a part II to this, saying what we should do when your regular games seems cancelled due to attendance. That is what I should be doing... I am going to do it... just not right now.

MoonHunter

Game Guru-Thread Shepherd
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I am doing better. I am not meeting my 2k word goal. I am hitting about half that... on a good day. I am not being very creative. I am doing things by the number. This is all the transdimensional worlds which I have a list of what to do. These are mostly pre-planned already.

I am spending a lot of time doing reading and organizing.... a bit too much contraction at this point. Sometimes I am finding things that are useful in other thread, so I have a lot of posts and very little creativity... and very few words to my count.

Last edited:
Top Bottom