• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Mordhau caters to the toxic.

mpswaim

Emo Dad
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Mordhou's a multiplayer medieval hack n slash game for the PC. Currently, your character choice is white guys. There are plans to add models for women, and men of other ethnicities. However the developers were talking about adding a "white guys only" toggle to the client, so regardless of how the other players had created their characters, you only saw white guys. (After the article went to press, the official Twitter said that there was no way they were actually doing that.)
Also, the devs seem to be hardcore "freeze peach" advocates, and their forums reflect that.
Here's the PC Gamer article. It includes language that would probably get red texted here. You've been warned.

Thanaeon

Mostly simulationist
Validated User
Ouch. There were some praising articles about the game when it came out, enough that I was considering checking it out. Then the news about the toxic community started also coming out, and that was that. The article just made it sound even worse than I thought.

And really... "We white folks can't have anything to ourselves..." Goddamn it, how insecure (not to mention "how clueless") do you have to be to put those words in that order?

Arethusa

Sophipygian
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The more I study history the more astonished I grow at people who confidently assert that women didn’t do much worth noting and deserve no presence in historical games.

LordofArcana

Validated User
The more I study history the more astonished I grow at people who confidently assert that women didn’t do much worth noting and deserve no presence in historical games.
Stop erasing the tireless efforts of generations of misogynists! Removing women from the historical record took a lot of work. Mary Anning has a popular children's rhyme about her, for god's sake.

Arethusa

Sophipygian
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Stop erasing the tireless efforts of generations of misogynists! Removing women from the historical record took a lot of work. Mary Anning has a popular children's rhyme about her, for god's sake.
Technically she has a tongue-twister.

Ferrus Animus

Validated User
There is a difference between them and you: You studied history.

FRS

Lurker on the threshold
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It's always sad to see devs willing to support discrimination.

AndreF

Validated User
Well... the name of the game is"mordhau", which sounds like they were going for a painfully stupid edgy-dark" pseudo-german sound ("Mord" meaning "murder" in german and "hau" is not a real word in this sense but rather similiar to "(jemanden) hauen" which means "to thump (someone)". So did they want to name their game murder-punch and got it wrong? Anyway, looking a that name, I a) would never have bought the game and b) am not really surprised by the statements of the developers.

Top Bottom