• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Mordhau caters to the toxic.

jimthegray

Validated User
While this is true and something to throw in the faces of the misogynists, for the record I'd like to also add that (and this is something I only learned this week) at the time they considered themselves non-binary and he nowadays identifies as male.
Thanks did not know

Owesome

Social Justice Warmonger
Validated User
Shes from an entirely different century, but my go-to example of "women have always fought" is La Mapuin, Julie D'aubingy, because out of all the humans who have ever lived, she is the most Player Character person who ever lived.

JerekKruger

Tall
Validated User
I was recently disappointed when a bunch of people on the Battle Brothers Reddit Discord started spouting "Deus Vult" and various Holocaust denial memes. What struck me was that no one bothered to call them out: I guess "just a joke" works (Christ, for some of them it might have been an, unfunny, joke).

I once posted a long explanation of the varied jobs women (and men) held in medieval Cairo in response to someone posting (on a thread about city building) that the main jobs in the slums were (for males) thug or (for females) prostitute.
Sounds like that person got their historical education from playing fantasy games and not reading actually history books.

Part of the blame should be on the unwillingness to teach social history until fairly recently. We learn about kings, battles and politics, but rarely about what people wore, believed or did day to day. It's a big shame, and leads to weird views about history.

Ghola

Veteran of 100k psychic wars
Validated User
Shes from an entirely different century, but my go-to example of "women have always fought" is La Mapuin, Julie D'aubingy, because out of all the humans who have ever lived, she is the most Player Character person who ever lived.
:ROFLMAO:

"This entertained Louis XIV so much that he pardoned her from any punishment…"

DareDaemon

The Daemon who Dares
Validated User
She's definitely a good candidate for that title, though Jack Churchill is also among the nominees. A man who brought a claymore and a longbow to WW2 France, who led the charge playing the bagpipe and throwing handgrenades when landing in WW2 Norway, among other exploits worthy of a PC.

I'd probably rate La Mapuin over him, but I could totally see them working together.

CanoeMan

Ceteru censeo ego s Groot
Validated User
HBO should totally make a show about La Maupin. In my head, the only person who can play the title part is Jodie Comer (Villanelle from Killing Eve)

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
She's definitely a good candidate for that title, though Jack Churchill is also among the nominees. A man who brought a claymore and a longbow to WW2 France, who led the charge playing the bagpipe and throwing handgrenades when landing in WW2 Norway, among other exploits worthy of a PC.
IIRC he also escaped a PoW camp. Twice.

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
3--Period knights were not burly, shouting idiots. The modern anachronism comes from the world of organized sports, where big burly shouting guys dominate in quite a few endeavors. Medieval knights, in contrast, were supposed to be balanced both physically and mentally. Well cultured, intelligent and of lean and graceful figure. They were expected to be able to dine at any table with grace and decorum. When of courting age they might be expected to bedeck themselves with fine silks and flowers, and be capable of singing and using various instruments to impress the fair sex. Read the description of Chaucer's squire in the Tales for an example. Professional men-at-arms would likewise be expected to show control and grace. It's literally written into many of the treatises. Those who charged in like buffalo were derided as buffalo.
Now I want to see one of these mass melee games where, between waves, you have to take part in a courtesy/feasting mini-game. And if you fumble all that stuff then you lose all the points you gained during combat and have to go out armed with just dagger or something, while the person with the most poise has a charger and a lance and full armor.

Pasha

RPGnet Member
Validated User
>> Now I want to see one of these mass melee games where, between waves, you have to take part in a courtesy/feasting mini-game. And if you fumble all that stuff then you lose all the points you gained during combat and have to go out armed with just dagger or something, while the person with the most poise has a charger and a lance and full armor.

DESTROYING HTE GAME

What were the developers thinking when they introduced the Spork in the latest patch!?! For only two equipment points you get an item that can act as a salad fork, a serving fork, a dessert spoon, table spoon, and a mustard spoon all at the same time??? I don't think the developers realize how much of an advantage this gives compared to other players who have to locate teh correct utensil and switch items before continuing the Feast. So many of the Feasts end with the Spork players having completely finished the dessert phase while the rest of us haven't even started on the main course!

And don't get me started on the "Flower Poetry" perk for the Courtship. A +1 Attraction to all Ladies and a +2 Attraction to all Unmarried Ladies??? Wow, whoever thought that was fair for only one perk point should be fired!!!

The same goes for Witty Conversation. There is no way you can win an insult match against someone with Witty Conversation - their Scornful Fleche is so fast you cannot dodge or parry out of it. And if you try to insult them back, they can just Verbally Parry the attacks and then Contemptly Riposte you, since hte timing on the Riposte is so large! Even if you team up against them, they can just keep Verbal Parrying you until their stamina comes back and then just destroy both of you!! How fair is that?!

Seriously, with what I have seen from the latest patch,t he devs have completely RUINED this once good game.

Top Bottom