• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

More than just money . . .

R

RPGnet Columns

Post originally by Philip Reed at 2005-07-11 02:43:10
Converted from Phorums BB System

As some of you may know, I run Ronin Arts. Ronin Arts works with several excellent authors, both experienced writers and newcomers.

We pay royalties.

We publish PDFs.

Why is it I can attract authors? Frequently more authors than I have time to work with? (And I'm sorry to those of you still waiting to hear from me.)

Because the one thing I -- and Ronin Arts -- beleive in is that the author should retain ownership of his own copyrights.

R

RPGnet Columns

Post originally by Ash at 2005-08-10 09:20:35
Converted from Phorums BB System

Well, you also have a pretty good rep to uphold which goes a long, long way, but it's good to hear about copyright issues too. D20 isn't my thang so I've never really looked at your products in-depth but I know of them by repute. A long line of starship blueprints springs to mind which I believe you just diversified into mecha? (not too sure the same art style suits the mecha yet myself, but it always looked good on the starship covers). Always fancied doing something similar myself, but not being a D20 fan I lack a good generic sci-fi system to stat for. I suppose there's D6 space (always liked the D6 system) but I think that has a license fee which I'm not keen on.

Argh! And NOW I have a sudden urge to start designing full-3D walk-around spacecraft interiors! Must... stay.... focused!

Ash

Top Bottom