• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Movies] The 2019 Box Office Report

Matchstick

Validated User
Yeah, most of the theater stuck around when I saw it, and at the end there was a mass audience 'what the hell guys, if there's no post-credit scene then let us know so we don't have to sit through 15 minutes of credits.'
Word is they're going to make up for this with Far From Home, which reportedly has at least a couple credit scenes that are going to get a lot of buzz once they get out.

One of my regular movie-watching routines is, as soon as a movie ends, to ask my friend I see a lot of movies with to use his phone to see if there's a post-credit scene we need to stick around for.

(Funniest time was when I asked him this for the Bumblebee early screening we were at, and he politely told me: "It's not out yet. No one knows!" :oops:)

DailyRich

Damn fool idealist
Validated User
Pretty sure it was announced there was no end credits sequence. And there are plenty of sites you can check beforehand that tell you if there's anything during or after the credits.

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The absence of post-credits scenes in Endgame felt appropriate for me. But then, I'm the kind of person who stays through the whole end credits anyway, as a way to decompress and finish absorbing what I've just watched. (Especially if there's some nice music while they're running.)

Grumpygoat

Give a damn
Validated User
I usually don't think to check for post credit scenes until the credits actually show up. And I suspect, like myself, that lots of people avoided any Endgame news to avoid spoilers.

jcfiala

Code Monkey
Validated User
I'm in the habit of watching the credits anyway - my brother works in the movie industry, and although naturally he's not in the credits of a lot of the movies I watch, it's underscored to me that these are the folks who worked hard on the movie I just enjoyed, and it wouldn't hurt to watch their credits.

I dunno how I'd feel about watching the credits on something I didn't enjoy, now that I read what I just wrote. I'm pretty careful about such things now that finding time to myself to see a movie is such a production. We did watch the end of the credits for Secret Life of Pets 2, but that was partially because we were the last people there and Rose was having trouble fun playing in front of the screen.

Last edited:

Matchstick

Validated User
I think there were no credit scenes because Marvel really want to emphasize Endgame as an ending, and not start obviously setting up 10 future films at the same time.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Honestly:
I always stuck around till the end of credits as a token of appreciation for the people who made the move, even before the post-credits stingers became a wide-spread thing.
It's part of the cinema-going experience for me,

Spatula

More Ideas Than Time
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Honestly:
I always stuck around till the end of credits as a token of appreciation for the people who made the move, even before the post-credits stingers became a wide-spread thing.
Yeah, this. I had a friend in the industry who explained this to me years ago, and it really opened my eyes. Now I always stay for the credits and don't "feel dumb" because I sat in a seat for 5 minutes in appreciation and didn't get a treat at the end. Heck, I get annoyed when TV shows or streaming platforms cut away from or minimize the credit sequences.

Hunter

Validated User
Honestly:
I always did the same thing until recently. All the movie theatres near where I live have gotten really big into quickly turning over the audience between one showing and the next. When I went to see SOLO and tried to sit through the credits, an employee informed me that there were no Easter eggs in the credits, and, when I said, 'I'm aware" and continued watching, they literally stood over me until I left.

Top Bottom