• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC [MtAw] War on the Iron Pyramid

Rook S.

scritches make me floof!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So how exactly does Mystery->Clue->Mystery work? Táltos has a solved Mystery, which I guess is also a Clue with how many elements? How does he use that Clue to attack the main Mystery? (And should I assume that the location of the main Mystery's footprint was part of the info from the smaller Mystery, even though you didn't explicitly say it?)

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
The Clue does have elements which can be spent on Scrutiny rolls in the future—there are two elements currently as it was fully Scrutinized. To attack the main Mystery (whose location is known OOC but yes, you will be able to understand immediately IC upon encountering the general vicinity) you get enough Clues (from a mix of tackling the smaller Mysteries and 'normal' Clue gathering methods if appropriate), it will knock down a portion of the absurdly Obscure main Mystery.

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
OK, I'll jump to the bank when I get a chance to post (probably after dropping the kids off at camp, unless work explodes). Prep stuff can be backfilled in the immediate response to that post.

The Snark

Lewis Carroll Refugee
Validated User
You'll want to spend a Reach on Instant Casting for that spell too, I imagine? I believe the standard casting time without that is three hours, which seems like a long time to be chanting inconspicuously.

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
This is a big branch; is Ness looking towards the standard line plus tellers (which would catch a good chunk of the line or the tellers plus the front 3/4s or so), or towards the appointment waiting area + where the appointments happen which would catch those waiting there plus all of those having appointments and the person they are meeting with.

Top Bottom