• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [MtAw] War on the Iron Pyramid

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
That look on Spyder's face deepens and Sonata feels that she's dispersed the spell that presumably Spyder was counting on.

Gareth3

Validated User
Ness relaxes, letting go of the man's arm. "Thank you." He turns to the others. "We're safe for now, but it sounds like they're going to be missed in a few hours. So what exactly are we going to do with them?" The man's necklace catches his eye, and he turns to Sonata. "Will this thing hurt me if I take it off him?"

Last edited:

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"I don't know for definite. I certainly wouldn't touch it with you bare skin - she can cast her spells through it. Give me a moment to have a proper look." Sonata focuses her attention on the amulet specifically.

"Oh, someone tried to cast a spell at this room just now. I countered it, and I'll do the same to anything else that comes our way." Sonata says off-handedly. There's a small smirk on her face as she glances briefly towards Spyder.

OOC: I should still have supernal vision up. If so, what is the amulet's highest arcanum, how adept is it at that arcanum, and how many arcana does it have in total? Sonata will speak out loud whatever she finds out, and otherwise remain on counterspell duty.

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sitala keeps her knife pressing to Spyder's throat just enough to remind her that it's there, and any sudden moves will get her killed.

She's kinda hoping for a sudden move, because... well, she's killed people, but while they were trying to kill her. Not someone at her mercy.

She feels like she should. It's what she came in here to do after all. It would be quick, and simple, and then they could all gang up on the wolf-man.

And there will be nothing but trouble if they let these two go. Capturing them is an even more ludicrous prospect.

Gareth3

Validated User
Ness sighs. "Dog that caught the car, huh?" He picks up Skoll's gun. "We can't hold them for long, I can't reliably scan this guy, and she's even harder. Conventional interrogation would take days even with Sleepers, God knows what defenses they have. So unless I you have any other suggestions, there's only one thing to do." Ness steps back and points the gun midway between the two prisoners. "Sitala, let go of her. Spyder, Skoll, put the necklace and the compact on the counter. Both of you, pull out one hair from your head and leave it on the counter too, then get the Hell out of here."
Spoiler: Show
Presence + Persuasion to get the prisoners to follow his orders. 4 dice, 2 successes

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sangita mentally voices a prayer to Kali, who she suspects is alone among the devi in countenancing what she's about to do. Spyder's throat suddenly erupts in red. "We can't afford to let them talk about us!" she declares as she leaps for the now-probably-vendetta-raging wolfman.

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
As soon as Spyder dies, the talisman the Nazi wears implodes and as it does his body once again transforms into a massive combination of wolf and man. It seems, different, this time. Not just because of the lack of temporal anomaly but the way that hoisting something at a strongman competition looks different than hurling a car off someone in a crisis. All of his clothes are thrashed in the shift and he's not fully settled into form by the time he charges toward Ness, who has the gun.

On his way, the wolfman tramples Douglas slightly, perhaps deliberately though he doesn't linger. When he closes the distance to Ness, something that happens at a speed that indicates an absolute disregard for his own safety, he digs his claws deep into the mage's shoulders and starts drawing him in for a very nasty bite.

OOC:
Douglas takes 1 bashing for being incidentally run over; Ness takes 2 lethal (all factors accounted for) for the wolfman getting his claws in.

Rook S.

scritches make me floof!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Táltos (he may be unconscious but he's still got his game face on) is now at 3 resistant lethal, 3 resistant bashing, 1 normal bashing.

Gareth3

Validated User
Ness stares in horror as Sitala cuts Spyder's throat. When the werewolf transforms again, he starts to gesture with his knife- just before the beast grabs him and jerks him forward. He desperately clutches at his knife and manages not to drop it, but the gesture is interrupted. Ness' other hand has just enough space for him to turn the gun towards the werewolf and pull the trigger.
Spoiler: Show
Attack Roll, Heavy Pistol against Skoll, Dexterity+Firearms, 4 dice 2 successes
Damage 2 Successes+ 2 for Heavy Pistol=4
Ness' Health, 2 Lethal, 5 Empty.

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sonata stares in shock and horror as the blood gushes from Spyder's throat. Good God, she killed her! She doesn't have much time to be outraged though, as the rampaging wolf man charges forward. Sonata darts forward to grab Taltos's unconscious form and pull him away from the fight, trusting in Ness and Sitala to deal with the actual fighting.

OOC: Activating Forces Armour too. Not sure if I need to roll Str + Athletics to get Taltos to safety, if I do, it gets 1 success

Top Bottom