• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [MtAw] War on the Iron Pyramid

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
They seem unaware of the spell, not suppressing reactions per se but not detecting it when it goes off. There is something, however, in Mage sight that indicates that their arrangement of being has shifted and a moment later they both look somewhat unsettled but that is quickly suppressed—the woman seems antsy to speak with the man about something. To Ness she says, "Look will my number get you to fuck off for a bit? Is that why you came over and started bothering him?"

Those not currently engaged in a conversation, or exiting ahead of being tossed out, do notice that a few people on the line for the tellers are quite interested in the growing interaction on the other side of the bank—the woman is shockingly loud. And with Douglas exiting quickly, with a loan officer staring after him, well it is just on the edge of a scene.

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sonata looks at the growing scene with some unease. She catches Sitala's eye, "Do you think Ness needs any back up? I'm not sure what we can do to help, but the pair he's chatting to are acting rather oddly. There's something not right with them magically either."

Gareth3

Validated User
Ness shakes his head. "Sorry to bother you." He walks over to Sonata, out of earshot of the woman and old man. "Done all I can, let's talk privately," he says quietly.

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
OOC:
If everyone is heading to Ness' you put final actions / etc. at the bank plus how one is heading over there, e.g. hitching a ride with another mage, taking a roundabout route, etc.

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sonata nods at Ness. "Good plan; let's go". Turning to take a last look at the bank, she calls up an imago in her mind. Calling upon the clarity of the Aether, she focuses her sight through the imago, using it as a lens to reveal the ley lines and Hallows within the bank.

OOC: Casting Sacred Geometry. 3 free reach, spending that to get instant casting, extended duration, and to be able to detect hallows. The spell lasts for more than a turn, and so I'm using concentration as a yantra. 6 die pool, gets 3 successes. Once she's looked at the ley lines, she'll leave, either getting a lift with someone else, or calling a taxi to somewhere 5 minutes from Ness's and walking the rest of the way.

Rook S.

scritches make me floof!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Douglas drives off in a random direction, puts on his game face, and drives back to Ness's as Táltos.

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
At a guess, he got it in because there's a tall, thin security guard who has a definite alt-right-ish haircut and just a bit of ink showing—Sitala can't see enough to try a full art comparison, but playing the odds…
Sitala whispers to Ness and the others as he returns, "chatty racist bastard there probably has a friend in security guard there," she says, nodding to point them out. "I bet I'll see him again, maybe even tonight. Can one of you put the mind-whammy on him if I snatch him up? It'd be an in to check this place out more deeply..."

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
Sonata sees that there should be several ley lines, and thus a node, in the bank. It is an auspicious site for such a building independent of its own metaphysical weight, but the expected currents of power never fully coalesce. Instead, there is a metaphysical weight just outside of her view and understanding that takes precedence and prevents them both the node and its ley lines from being as they should. The only one that seems to manage a full existence is a ley line that runs just along side the bank and towards the shops a few blocks south. That line hums with the tension of a line that intersects with another nearby. Heading toward's Ness' takes her away from the line that passed the bank, but does give a tug toward what seems to be the line that intersects it. At a guess based on its tugging, it runs along one of the older streets in the town, south of the bank.

Gareth3

Validated User
Ness seems to be dubious about this plan, but reluctantly nods.
Ness's house is a seven-bedroom, seven-bathroom monstrosity out in the exurbs, with every room comically oversized but the yard so small you can jump from the street to the front door. Past the formal entrance foyer is an almost bare dining room. There's a wifi modem and a laptop plugged into the wall, and a few occult books scattered around, but no furniture. When the others arrive he shrugs. "Sorry, I should really buy some chairs."
Spoiler: Show
Visual aid for the house:
He leans against one wall and describes everything he detected about the man and woman. "I don't think they had Mage Sight activated, but the spell had some effect on them. What else..., oh, she sounded like the white girl on Misfits, but she said "asshole", short a, American style. Maybe just using an American curse word for effect, maybe the accent's a fake. He sounded like Professor X, not sure what the connection is between them. What did you guys get?"

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sonata winces when she sees Ness's house from the outside. God, it's awful. As she enters, she plasters on a more neutral expression, not wanting to offend her host. I must remember to make to clear to the estate agent to avoid any properties in this area. Entering the house, Sonata raises an eyebrow at the lack of furniture, but decides that acknowledging this would be rude. I'm sure it's just furniture delivery taking an age, trying to reassure herself that no-one would chose to live in an empty soulless box like this.

She focuses on Ness's description of what he saw, both to help understand what's going on and to distract herself from her surroundings. As he finishes, Sonata describes what she saw about the bank and the two strange people. "There was definitely something mystical about them, but it's hard to describe. I don't think they were mages, as I couldn't recognise any spells on them with Prime Sight, but something was wrong with them."

"The bank itself is odd too. Someone has set up a potent effect that will let them re-write financial control of anything that passes through the bank. They haven't used it yet, but who knows what they're waiting for. But while the bank is where the tools are, the power behind it is somewhere else. I think somewhere nearby, but the only clue I have to location was the ley line leading out of the building. I was planning on mapping out the local ley lines anyway, and it should be easy enough to do. I don't know if that's the best place to start though."

Top Bottom