• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [MtAw] War on the Iron Pyramid

Rook S.

scritches make me floof!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Táltos says, "Those two were…entangled, somehow, with the nature of the bank. Which is itself tied to the Lower Depths somehow. Like, if the Lower Depths are pieces of the Fallen World that have had holes drilled in them, the bank is a branch facility of a drill manufacturer." He shakes his head. "I want to go back after business hours and really poke around."

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Táltos says, "Those two were…entangled, somehow, with the nature of the bank. Which is itself tied to the Lower Depths somehow. Like, if the Lower Depths are pieces of the Fallen World that have had holes drilled in them, the bank is a branch facility of a drill manufacturer." He shakes his head. "I want to go back after business hours and really poke around."
"So, racist shithead and probably-racist shithead guard might be an in..." Sitala muses. "I know a bar they might go to."

Gareth3

Validated User
Ness is amused when Sonata winces at the sight of his house. "Hideous, isn't it? With any luck I won't be here long, it's just what the Mysterium had in the area." When she talks about the ley lines he's fascinated, then more thoughtful. "I never thought you could just follow a ley line like a blood trail, to the next level of the conspiracy. Of course whoever's on the other end probably knows about the line too." He nods at Taltos' suggestion but looks pained at Sitala's. "We can use those two to get information, yes. But do you also want to punish them for being racists? It's much more difficult to do both at once."

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sonata nods at the others. "I think having a poke around after hours is a good idea. I may be able to help by affecting the electronic surveillance inside the bank, though I didn't pay enough attention to the security when we were there before to be certain. Still, it may be worth doing even if we get Sitala's 'friends' to get us inside."

"That does sound like more a plan for later on though. I'm quite tempted to spend today tracking down the ley lines near the bank - if I wander aimlessly around the streets with a camera in tow, I shouldn't attract too much attention. If anyone asks, I can even tell the truth about looking for a place to rent in town." She pulls out a tourist map of Lemuria, emblazoned with adverts for local attractions and restaurants, and starts marking up the ley lines she saw near the bank.

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
As best as can be aligned to the map from the seen ley line and the tug of the other one, there should be a Node somewhere in the 'historic shopping centre'—which is a very kind name for what appears to essentially be a block sized strip mall nestled between two blocks of office buildings and the entertainment district, with the mall's south end bordering an unmarked zone on the map before the 'residential' area label further down. At a guess, and from a rough sense of the layout, said residential area are the low rise apartments and in poor repair duplexes that make up the homes of those well and truly stuck in Lemuria. The space between it and the strip mall is likely filled with lower end stores servicing them, as well as empty buildings caused by the American retail apocalypse.

Rook S.

scritches make me floof!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Táltos peers at Sonata's map. "That definitely bears checking out," he says. "Especially if there's a Hallow on that Node."

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
He nods at Taltos' suggestion but looks pained at Sitala's. "We can use those two to get information, yes. But do you also want to punish them for being racists? It's much more difficult to do both at once."
"Hmmph. Screw with their minds enough and we can totally do both," Sitala harrumphs. "Checking out the ley lines probably isn't a bad idea either."

Gareth3

Validated User
Ness shrugs at Sitala. "Fine, just make sure neither of them are undercover cops, first." He turns back to the map. "Following the ley line is the least aggressive action we can take, so we should do that first." He looks around at the others. "Just Sonata, or should the rest of us come along for backup?"

Kath

The Furthest Away
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Ordinarily, I'd say scouting out ley lines should be safe enough, but some back-up might not be a bad idea given the oddities at the bank." Sonata pauses, frowning in thought. "Thinking about it, I should be able to extend the spell to affect all of us, which would speed things up a bit."

Drawing out her gold-rimmed mirror, Sonata chants in High Speech, forming up an imago to attune their perceptions to the underlying truth of the world and it's geometry.

OOC: Describing/rolling now for a group cast, but IC Sonata will wait for permission from everyone before casting the spell on them. Casting Sacred Geometry, with 3 free Reach. Spending the reach on: instant casting, advanced duration, and to let us see Hallows. Taking a 4d penalty to affect 4 subjects, which I will partially offset with a point of willpower. Dice pool = 3 prime +1 gnosis +2 high speech +1 path tool -4 for four subjects and +3 for willpower = 6d. That gets 5 successes! I'd like to give us (all??) the inspired condition as the beneficial effect. And I get my WP back, yay.

Top Bottom