[MtG] Magic General Chat Thread

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
Yeah. Don't mistake it, control is still a thing, and even now some form of white-blue control with teferi is quite strong.

But it's not unassailable by any means.

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
I had some personal stuff come up that took me out of Magic after Guilds of Ravnica. Looking on their site it seems like they aren't doing Guild Kits for Allegiance. Is that correct? Why would they do this to us?

Vael

Validated User
I had some personal stuff come up that took me out of Magic after Guilds of Ravnica. Looking on their site it seems like they aren't doing Guild Kits for Allegiance. Is that correct? Why would they do this to us?
They are, but they won't release the decklists until tomorrow at the earliest, because there will be Allegiance cards in the Guild kits, and the full set list won't be out until tomorrow.

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
They are, but they won't release the decklists until tomorrow at the earliest, because there will be Allegiance cards in the Guild kits, and the full set list won't be out until tomorrow.
Ahh okay, they aren't on the Product page and I couldn't find an announcement, so I got worried. I love the guild basic lands, and the current articles talk like the only place to get the Allegiance ones will be during Ravnica weekend.

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
I mean, it's Magic, played online, and people have talked about MTGO here... since it is the same game. Just played on a computer, as opposed to being a computer game.

Vargen

Validated User
But what if we want to talk about optimizing the free-to-play economy or gush about the lush sound and fun animations or discuss the competitive single-game-match metagame? Arena is way more of a video game than MTGO ever was, and that’s why it’s so great.

That said, there isn’t a lot of Magic chat here anyway so I say we shouldn’t worry. Keep chatting here. If someone finds the game on the computer side and starts a thread in VGO then we can talk there too.

ogier300

Validated User
It might be of interest, but at 11AM PST today, the Loading Ready Run crew is doing a Pre-pre-release of the new set (
) if you're wanting a look at the new set and how it plays.

OneEyedMan

Unfortunate inventor of the Bratwurstarita
Validated User
Specifically regarding Arena, I've found that the single-game match setup has me a lot more willing to just walk away if I have a matchup that looks bad, boring, or is something my deck doesn't have the tools to fight. Kind of a "This won't be fun so the hell with it. *poof*".

Top Bottom