[MtG] Magic General Chat Thread

DareDaemon

The Daemon who Dares
Validated User
Oh, I didn't realize we were talking standard. I honestly wonder if standard doesn't have too many creatures for the wanderer to be good? It either gets killed, or ignored, depending on the situation. Best case scenario it's basically a 4-mana gain-six (or maybe a 4-mana gain 3, kill a steam-kin), and I'm not sure that's good enough?
Damage that doesn't go to face doesn't trigger spectacle, which is kind of a big deal against standard RDW, which is pretty reliant on spectacle. On top of which, Risk Factor still sees a lot of in standard RDW. Risk Factor is a dead card with the Wanderer in play.

There's also Rakdos Burn which runs sovereign's bite and is just as reliant on spectacle. Izzet counterburn doesn't see as much play but has a higher tendency to rely on Electrostatic Field which she also shuts down

Probably sideboard card as best, but if burn decks remain popular I could see her being decent sideboard tech.

Last edited:

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
Also an angel aircraft carrier!
Not just a carrier, a spaceship.

The original Parhelion was built by the Boros to explore the skies over Ravnica, and they found them empty so they repurposed it as their HQ. It got slammed into the spires of Prahv which is why it's "New Prahv" now.

A spaceship that looks like an anvil. Truly, the Izzet might be the ones you'd expect to do space exploration, but the Boros have an unending supply of Jeb Kermans...

DareDaemon

The Daemon who Dares
Validated User
Not just a carrier, a spaceship.

The original Parhelion was built by the Boros to explore the skies over Ravnica, and they found them empty so they repurposed it as their HQ. It got slammed into the spires of Prahv which is why it's "New Prahv" now.

A spaceship that looks like an anvil. Truly, the Izzet might be the ones you'd expect to do space exploration, but the Boros have an unending supply of Jeb Kermans...
It's not just a spaceship, it's a space station (it's the headquarters of the Boros Sky Knights), and it comes with a giant energy weapon. (Solar Blaze depicts said weapon being activated)

The Boros Legion has the closest thing Ravnica (and maybe even MtG in general) has to the death star.

Top Bottom