• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[MtG] Magic General Chat Thread

BarefootHobbit

psychic dog-walker
Validated User
Yes, that's a good point!

I've made a Kykar deck which I'm really enjoying so far. Countering an opponent's blast zone activation with tale's end felt especially good.

Vael

Validated User
Prerelease report:

After years of doing midnight prereleases, not staying up until 4 am was quite the blessing. That said, turnout was definitely down, a lot of the regulars didn't show.
I like limited, but don't play too much of it. Core 2020, however, feels solid. I went back to my roots and played a recursive, grindy, Blue/Black deck. The highlights were a pair of Murders (murder as a common, so good), Dread Presence and a Vilis, Broker of Blood. Combined with a couple of reanimation spells and a Scholar of the Ages to rebuy my kill spells and draw spells, the deck felt powerful with a lot of ways to draw cards and control the board. I felt unstoppable, until I ran into an insane 5 colour elemental ramp deck with Golos. And, despite my best efforts, I couldn't stop it from activating. It was a brutal beating.

Vargen

Validated User
My prerelease went well. I had a bunch of beefy red and green dudes and turned them sideways. It turns out that was enough to go 4-0 (with some lucky breaks, like having a Plummet ready to kill the big black legend). Highlights included the pro-blue triceratops and the wolf lord that makes more wolves if you don't cast on your turn. Rapacious Dragon's treasures are surprisingly relevant even though it's a 5-drop. The 7-mana giant that makes two wolves is a powerhouse. The white-green uncommon creature was definitely worth splashing for. With only one temple, one Evolving Wilds, and one Plains it never came down on turn 3, but that didn't matter because it was always a powerhouse.

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
Went to a late prerelease last night. only 5 came so we went two rounds with a pack per win prize. My pool was so-so, promo Temple of Mystery, Legendary Angel and Demon, not quite enough of any theme to make a go of it. I ended up playing W/B with all my flyers with Sephara, who ended up winning my games. Prize packs went well, another Temple of Mystery, the legendary Hydra, and the U/B/G legend.

Still trying to figure out what I want to play after rotation, but leaning towards mono-W flyers, Kaalia, or W/B.

RabidBunny

Replicating Menace
Validated User
Our local group is currently exploding over those (who've invested in one) arguing it's a perfectly fair card, and those saying good riddance.

I'm in the latter group.

I was surprised that Aetherflux Reservoir wasn't on there as well, given that it's added even more stability to Storm decks.

DareDaemon

The Daemon who Dares
Validated User
Can I see a source on that? I'm not saying it's not true, but it's not in the latest B&R post, nor can I find any other source on it.

RabidBunny

Replicating Menace
Validated User
Commander Net seems to be down at the moment (unsurprisingly), but this link at MTG Salvation has the text of the ban. It also ties in on what our local judge has posted as a screen grab before Commander Net went down.

Top Bottom