• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[MtG] Magic General Chat Thread

DareDaemon

The Daemon who Dares
Validated User
The whole Kaladesh Block seems to have caused problems for our group in fairness, there was a real boost in power level of decks following it for us.
WotC's track record with artifact-centric sets is rather poor overall, if you ask me. Lots of poorly designed stuff derives from those.

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
WotC's track record with artifact-centric sets is rather poor overall, if you ask me. Lots of poorly designed stuff derives from those.
One reason they're going with colored artifacts more, now, in fact. Esper's slice of Alara wasn't particularly busted.

WorldSaverInc

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I am happy with the 2 Hydras in Core 2020. I have all but Hydroid Krasis in a 5-Color Progenitus commander deck, and now with Gargos, Vicious Watcher, I am transititioning over to a mono-Green Hydra-Tribal commander deck. It looks to be create fun with some repeatable and multi-targetting green cards, ramp, and hydras.

Vael

Validated User
I've had a Paradox Engine sitting in my binder, waiting for the right deck, so it's funny I never got the chance to see if it was as broken as everyone claimed. I never had to deal with it either, or Iona, but admittedly Iona was one of those cards whose mere existence made me shy away from mono-coloured decks.

I'm a little salty over how quickly Painter's Servant spiked and vanished from online retailers. I dunno, I don't have a lot of cards that combo with it either so it's not like I was going to run out and buy one anyways.

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
I've had a Paradox Engine sitting in my binder, waiting for the right deck, so it's funny I never got the chance to see if it was as broken as everyone claimed. I never had to deal with it either, or Iona, but admittedly Iona was one of those cards whose mere existence made me shy away from mono-coloured decks.

I'm a little salty over how quickly Painter's Servant spiked and vanished from online retailers. I dunno, I don't have a lot of cards that combo with it either so it's not like I was going to run out and buy one anyways.
Eh, it'll pass. It's not that amazing a card, even the Servant/Grindstone combo, or the Servant/Ugin combo, can be detrimental to the decks performing them. It's a cute thing more than a powerful thing, outside of Iona.

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
Is Reaper King amazing in Commander or something? The price in my local shop seems super high.
Modern Horizons has Changelings. Reaper King.dec is a deck filled with changelings and playable scarecrows so every creature comes with a free Vindicate, so little wonder.

BarefootHobbit

psychic dog-walker
Validated User
It's also never been reprinted, and is from a fairly old set. I wouldn't say reaper king was great in commander though, because it's in the awkward situation of looking very threatening to opponents without being powerful enough to cope with the hate.

Top Bottom