Munchkin: which ones are actually funny?

theCimmerian

Validated User
I got into Munchkin years ago with the original, which is hilarious. Super-Munchkin is hilarious. Munchkin Zombies and Munchkin Apocalypse are somewhat funny.

Then I got Munchkin Booty, Munchkin Marvel, Munchkin Conan, Munchkin Oz, and and Munchkin Steampunk. This is all over the course of a few years. There are a few funny moments, but far less so than the first four I got. Marvel, Conan, and Oz are surprisingly devoid of humor.

Suggestions for other genuinely funny ones? Add-on packs for the original? Munchkin Vampires? Munchkin Space?

Daz Florp Lebam

Grand Poobah
Validated User
Munchkin Adventure Time is fun if you know and like the series.

I don't have nor have I played Munchkin Rick & Morty, but that's got a lot of "fun" potential, too.

And don't forget you can mix different editions without much trouble!

ranson

"Two Sheds"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I greatly enjoyed Munchkin Bites! (The vampire one), if for no other reason that the excessive amount of no-location Goth jewelry you can stack on a character for bonuses.

theCimmerian

Validated User
Thanks for the responses! I don't know Adventure Time or Rick & Morty, though two of my kids are bit Rick & Morty fans.

I'll put the suggestions by ranson, Andrew Hackard, and Dweller in Darkness on my to-get list. Thanks again.

Brandi

Validated User
Star Munchkin lets you potentially have a Laser Laser Dazer Maser Raser Shmaser Bobaser Bananafanafofaser.

Oswald Cobblepot

Validated User
Super Munchkin 2: The Great S-Cape has a Narbonic reference, which gives it big points from me (actually, it got me to buy it without even having the base game). I also rather like the subtitle pun.

Top Bottom