• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Mutants & Masterminds Freedomverse] How many parallel worlds have been designed?

Libertad

Knight in tarnished armor
Validated User
I've always been fond of the Parallel Universe concept in superhero comics, of varying Earths where history went slightly or drastically differently.

The Freedom City setting of Mutants & Masterminds is no stranger to this, but as there's no all-in-one list I could find, I was wondering if any Freedomverse fans could help me on this.

Freedom City 3e: Terra-Roma, the Centurion's homeworld. Never got detailed in any sourcebook to my knowledge. Three unnamed "Alternate Freedoms" worlds were suggested in this sourcebook, such as one where the anti-vigilante Moore Act of the Iron Age is still in force, one where the Silver Storm hit Freedom City and not Emerald City, and one where the alien immigrants on Star Island never left and created their own neighborhood in town.

Emerald City: Earth-Alpha makes Emerald City is the center for superhuman activity and the familiar heroes of Freedom City nonexistent. Earth-Argent makes it so that the Silver Storm is the universal "origin point" for superhumans. Earth-Eldritch emphasizes magic and mysticism as an omnipresent theme for superhumans.

Worlds of Freedom: Paragons of Freedom combines the Paragons and Freedom City settings into a more postmodern "real-world" setting. After-Earth is a post-nuclear apocalyptic world. Ani-Earth is a comedic world of anthropomorphic animals. Anti-Earth is where the familiar roles of good and evil characters are reversed. Earth-Ape is a world where primates are the dominant species and not humans. Erde is a totalitarian nightmare where the Nazis and Japan won WWII and took over most of Earth. Fantasy-Freedom (which is expanded on in Warriors & Warlocks) is a medieval fantasy themed world.

Hero High: Although not named, Changeling's from an alternate-reality where the Grue are good guys. Dauntless/Relentless are from a world where superpowered people are designated as mutants and rounded up in camps.

Am I forgetting any others?

Kreuzritter

Validated User
Freedom's Most Wanted: the second King Cole and Black Anubis are from alternate earths. not much to distinguish Cole's, but BA's from one he and his Shadow Pantheon brought about the downfall of Europe and the middle east. Black Anubis found Earth-Prime, but the rest of the Shadow pantheon have established holds over unnamed alternate earths. there's also Negator, half of whom hails from the Counter-Verse. Doc Mayhem gets an honorable mention coming from an alternate timeline where centurion had a son

Hero High: Elite is from Earth-Murder, where the world is secretly ruled by a global crime cartel, not unlike that of Mark Millar's Wanted

Paragons: with Paragons of freedom mentioned, it's a common notion that if not already incorporated into your homebrew setting, earth-Paragons is just one d-hop away

Worlds of Freedom: Omega's 4 named Annihilists are the last survivors of their respective earths

Mecha & Manga: similarly, Shards: Unsung Destiny makes a good alt-earth

Freedom City 3rd Edition: Centuria is an alternate Earth's Centurion's daughter, and last survivor of her reality after it was consumed by the Terminus.

Threat Report: Cerebrus Rex is from an earth where dinosaurs never went extinct, and the Starbreed are from an alternate earth destroyed by the Terminus

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
Although not named, Changeling's from an alternate-reality where the Grue are good guys.
If you wanted to be conservative this would make sense as something from Anti-Earth (since in Earth-Prime they're Evil).

Don't forget Magni's from a world where Ragnarok happened.

Also for pedantic reasons: I assume Whoop-Ant is from an alternate earth.

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
Are we going into 2E? Because then we have Anti-Earth (EVIL!), Ani-Earth (furries!), the Terminus (all things die!), Erde (Nazis), whatever dimension the Hell-Queen's from (guess)...

I'm going to need to crack open some books to get more.

Kreuzritter

Validated User
Are we going into 2E? Because then we have Anti-Earth (EVIL!), Ani-Earth (furries!), the Terminus (all things die!), Erde (Nazis), whatever dimension the Hell-Queen's from (guess)...

I'm going to need to crack open some books to get more.
already covered by the OP. and they appear to only counting actual alt-earths rather than dimensions such as the Terminus or Hell

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
Hey, if you're not giving Ani-Earth it's own heading then I don't think you're giving the Furry Freedom Force the dignity they deserve. :D

Fred

Surely you jest, Mr Fred
RPGnet Member
Validated User
In Atlas of Earth-Prime: South America, it's suggested the different versions of El Crononauta may hail from parallel Earths.

Tchau!

Kreuzritter

Validated User
In Atlas of Earth-Prime: South America, it's suggested the different versions of El Crononauta may hail from parallel Earths.

Tchau!
yeah, the atlas is a big enough book that I'd not surprised in the least if there's alt earth references

Libertad

Knight in tarnished armor
Validated User
Thank you all for your responses. I never would have found the Atlas of Earth-Prime reference otherwise; I suppose I should read that book in full soon someday.

Top Bottom