• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

My Exalted Collection is Finally Complete

SrGrvsaLot

Digital Scribe
Validated User
I just got my last shipment from Drivethrurpg yesterday (Masters of Jade, Patchwork Scroll, CoTD: Autocthonia, and Thousand Correct Actions)

So, that's every published book for both first and second editions, plus the boardgames. The only thing I'm missing is Under the Rose, which did not have a PoD option and was not released as a commercial product (I may have to hunt down a copy on ebay, but it's a minor thing).

I've actually read most of them, my latest acquisitions notwithstanding, though I'm thinking I should do it all again in preparation for third edition (the cynical part of me thinks I could probably read the entire collection before 3e sees the light of day, but maybe I'm being unnecessarily pessimistic).

The PoD books are pretty high quality, though it bugs me that they're a different size then the regular books. I suppose "looking good as a complete collection" was not necessarily a high priority. Still, it makes me happy to look at the whole thing, sitting there on the shelf. I'm not sure what my next collection goal will be, probably Changeling: the Lost, but that will have to wait awhile. Even though I got some of these books for as little as 0.16$, it still took a bite out of my budget.

Last edited by a moderator:

akajdrakeh

Pronounced 'akkadrakka'
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Since I don't see a box set, I'm assuming you got Dreams of The First Age as a POD product. How was the quality on that?

SrGrvsaLot

Digital Scribe
Validated User
Since I don't see a box set, I'm assuming you got Dreams of The First Age as a POD product. How was the quality on that?
It may be the picture quality, but I actually do have the DoTFA box set. It's on the far right, next to Reign and Pendragon. I knew, when it came out, that it would be a major collector's item, so I preordered it. That was a rollercoaster of emotions.

I loved the final product, though. For a long time, it was the pride of my collection (now, that honor probably goes to Nobilis 3e). It kind of annoys me the way people turned on it.

MuscaDomestica

Help Me!
Validated User
I loved the final product, though. For a long time, it was the pride of my collection (now, that honor probably goes to Nobilis 3e). It kind of annoys me the way people turned on it.
I think it was the fact that after years of wondering what high essence Solar charms were like we ended up getting a bunch of horribly broken charms that ranged from pointless to game breakingly powerful. Not to mention page long useless character write ups and obviously unplaytested character gen rules.

There is a lot of good stuff in the books, guide to Meru is awesome, the speed wheel looks great, I used a lot of the stuff from the Lands of Creation section, and I like the artifacts as well... But the broken parts were just so horrible it kind of eclipsed everything else.

SrGrvsaLot

Digital Scribe
Validated User
I think it was the fact that after years of wondering what high essence Solar charms were like we ended up getting a bunch of horribly broken charms that ranged from pointless to game breakingly powerful. Not to mention page long useless character write ups and obviously unplaytested character gen rules.

There is a lot of good stuff in the books, guide to Meru is awesome, the speed wheel looks great, I used a lot of the stuff from the Lands of Creation section, and I like the artifacts as well... But the broken parts were just so horrible it kind of eclipsed everything else.
See, I'm not so sure about that. Yeah, the charms weren't great, but I think many of them were merely broken in the way 2e itself was broken. The only one I'd say was actually exceptionally horrible was Zeal. I could be remembering things wrong, but my feeling was that the DotFA charms were more bland than anything else.

El_phantasmo

Validated User
Nice collection. I don't have the boardgames myself but I do have the Dace T-shirt and the Abyssal mousemat that came out, from what I recall, to my FLGS whilst 1st Edition was being released.

I've always found the PoD stuff quite good. I had a duff experience with another publisher using another printer some time ago, but the DTRPG stuff from WW/OP has always been good.

DotFA was nicely put together but not something I ever used. Groovy to have but I'd likely want to run it, if ever, with new Solars exploring the vastness of Creation rather than as high level Solars ruling it from on high.

legopaidi

Validated User
I don't see a picture anywhere!

(I'm a sucker for rpg collection photos!)

EDIT: it must be my browser. I see it now! Nice!

Last edited:

Skywalker

Back Off the Buddha!
Validated User
Nice. I have a complete collection too except War for the Throne. I collected the last of the "freebies" last year with the 1st Exalted QuickStart (the one Quixalted was based on).

If you want more stuff I recommend:

- Art of Exalted
- Exalted Graphic Novel
- Exalted 1e Limited Edition (the 'Making of' book is pretty cool)

Do you have Broken Winged Crane and Thousand Correct Actions in there? They look like they are just before DotFA.

Don't worry about the novels, as most are worth it.

Last edited:

MuscaDomestica

Help Me!
Validated User
Thinking about getting the Art of Exalted, the gamestore has it in the discount bin...

Two collectable Exalted things I have are the DotFA box set and a dicebag with the Dawn symbol on it that came with "Exalted dice" (ie Black D10s with Gold sparkles) which I try to use whenever possible.

Top Bottom