• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[My Hero Academia General] The Class is in Session

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Vigilantes provides some interesting Stain related context.

Spoiler: Show
Basically: He's a psychopath, always has been, and the rest is just justifications to keep being a psychopath.

Plus it's not like he ever had an actual manifesto. ...I have to wonder who even made that video of him that went viral after his arrest to begin with.
I have to imagine that either Kurogiri or Giran is a real whiz at video editing, and they just made the video on the spot and threw it up. And from that the fans just kept making mirrors when it got taken down.

(My headcanon is that Shigaraki does lets play videos in his spare time, and Kurogiri was his editor, but now that he's gone Spinner is doing it. Honestly I've been watching Game Grumps animations and just imagining it as Shigaraki and Spinner as Arin and Danny.)

Icarium

Validated User
I am now imagining Shigaraki screaming at the game as he plays Future Dark Souls and accidentally disintegrating the controller in anger and posting it on Future Youtube.

Oh yeah, don't get me started on Stain.
Heh. You said things better than I could, and I agree utterly. Stain really annoys me 'cause it's like ... some people don't want any gray. The hero system in Japan (and probably elsewhere) can have flaws without being horrible and needing to be destroyed.

And heh, that Vigilante spoiler that Seiberwing posted makes me smile. I really really need to read Vigilantes, I got sidetracked off it.

Last edited:

Kreuzritter

Validated User
Yeah Kreuz is doing a WIW of this book and he's already covered this chapter.

Of course this reminds me of the fact that I myself work in a grocery store, and we haven't done free samples in a long time. Not even at the deli where we used to have a little display with little pieces of meat and cheese on toothpicks or crackers. We just don't do that anymore.

(Although as a tradeoff, we have this bin filled with apples and pears that are free to take, so if you have a baby with you you can hand them a piece of fruit and they have something healthy to munch on while you shop.)
for what it's worth, apparently the third volume touches on the fantasy themed ED from season 2. that fuck-off dragon Bakugo's riding? that's kirishima, apparently

Seiberwing

Swift as a coursing river
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Heh. You said things better than I could, and I agree utterly. Stain really annoys me 'cause it's like ... some people don't want any gray. The hero system in Japan (and probably elsewhere) can have flaws without being horrible and needing to be destroyed.

And heh, that Vigilante spoiler that Seiberwing posted makes me smile. I really really need to read Vigilantes, I got sidetracked off it.
I promote Vigilantes a lot in these threads (in part because a lot of people don't even know there's a spin-off series) but the plot just dropped some Real Intense Shit in the last couple of chapters and I'm interested in seeing where it's going. (Spoiler cut contains spoilers for Chapter 56, the most recent one.)

With the revelation that our superspeedy Mystery Asshole is using a Quirk stolen from Knuckleduster and is probably a proto-Nomu, All for One is likely playing a direct role in the shit that's currently going down with Mystery Asshole. Which is more of a tie-in with the main series than I expected from something that's mainly slice of life and side plots.

Crinos

Validated User
Deku will never be a second All Might. He doesn't have the confidence and charisma to be one. He may become the greatest hero in the world by presenting a new way forward for Japan, a positive alternative to the "tear it all down" philosophy that Shigaraki offers.
Honestly the ending I want is for Deku and the other main character kids (Uraka, Iida, Bakugo, Todoroki,and maybe Kirishima and Tsu cause why not) basically forming the MHA equivalent of the Justice League, where its basically like a super agency filled with pro hero all stars. And the final shot of the series is all of them descending on like Not Starro or something, and Deku saying "Its going to be alright, because WE are here." And then big two page spread of the now adult 1A students being badass.

Crinos

Validated User
I am now imagining Shigaraki screaming at the game as he plays Future Dark Souls and accidentally disintegrating the controller in anger and posting it on Future Youtube.
Yeah, I imagine the reason the League is currently broke is because Shigaraki is basically crap at managing funds, and he keeps accidentally destroying his game systems with his quirk.

Spinner: Dude, seriously this is like the fiftieth Switch you've melted. STOP PLAYING MARIO MAKER HARD LEVELS.
Shigaraki: I can't, I WONT. GET YOUR THINGS WE'RE ROBBING GAMESTOP. '
Everyone: Again?
Shigaraki: YES AGAIN.

Kreuzritter

Validated User
Speaking of diversions, I picked up the second School Briefs light novel yesterday, and while I've only read the first chapter, its already a clear improvement over the first volume (though UNfortunately, this one has a mineta-centric chapter).

LoneWolf23

Validated User
Honestly the ending I want is for Deku and the other main character kids (Uraka, Iida, Bakugo, Todoroki,and maybe Kirishima and Tsu cause why not) basically forming the MHA equivalent of the Justice League, where its basically like a super agency filled with pro hero all stars. And the final shot of the series is all of them descending on like Not Starro or something, and Deku saying "Its going to be alright, because WE are here." And then big two page spread of the now adult 1A students being badass.
And now I'm wondering what would be the most appropriate "Alien Invasion" anime to cross with My Hero Academia.

Kreuzritter

Validated User
Speaking of diversions, I picked up the second School Briefs light novel yesterday, and while I've only read the first chapter, its already a clear improvement over the first volume (though UNfortunately, this one has a mineta-centric chapter).
Update: I have read up through the Mineta chapter. on the upshot, he fails at every turn and everyone's reaction is "the fuck is wrong with this kid?" ("My first guess would be... A lot."), but unfortunately the chapter IS from his perspective as an unrepentant, self-entitled creeper, complete with imagine spots (including a chapter illustration devoted to one-such), and a closing bit that's meant to be funny, but is unfortunately based in cringe humor that just comes off in bad taste anywhere outside of 4chan in today's internet

acksed

Validated User
MHA 234: Well now.
Shigaraki has had his immature worldview challenged, his mementoes crushed, his fingers broken and a little extra squeezed out of his quirk, and some old memories are shaking loose to join the party, which also lets us finally know he was treated pretty well at home. His final line really sets him up as Izuku's dark mirror.

(I wonder at All For One's thought-process: What do you give the boy who's lost everything? Hands!)

Top Bottom