[My Little Pony] FiM Discussion Thread 10: Spike's Hot Air Balloon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryke

Bang and a Boom
Validated User
The incessant Other Media general pony talk continues through threads One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine and now ten!

Time to class things up a bit.

Post all Pony-related stuff that isn't a WIW, fanfic rec, or otherwise for another thread here so if you've got news (though please see the note below), snazzy fanart, amazing PMV's, astounding pony music (WUBWUBWUB), all kinds of shipping, crazy theories, want to declare that [insert pony here] is in fact best pony, or just want to declare that Fluttershy is your waifu this is the thread for you :)

Here's the active fanfic thread, it's awesome and you should check it out.

Current WiW threads: Dawgstar's, Sun Tzu's, HDImagination's and mine

Please mind the spoilers for the sake of everyone's enjoyment of the thread, unless it's from an aired episode keeping it hidden under black bars and sblocks is highly appreciated.

Last edited:

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Alright, first question: Do we have an ETA on seasons, yet?

Because my DVR is crammed full of Ponystuff and Id love to be able to erase some, but I can't until I have a DVD in hand. There're the two out now, which are 'episode packages' ... the first one and then the wedding one, but, dangit, I *badly* want Season 1, with commentary tracks. (And, you know, Season 2 later).

Seriously.

Anything?

Barghest

Retired from being Used
Validated User
Spike's Hot Air Balloon? Is he doing a commentary on the thread with Pinkie Pie? :)

I was going to suggest "Spike's Humiliating Doggy Bed", but it seemed harsh...

Oh, let's give ourselves a hand for filling up two whole threads during a Time of No New Pony Episodes, btw.

ANT Pogo

Yuki Approved
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Alright, first question: Do we have an ETA on seasons, yet?

Because my DVR is crammed full of Ponystuff and Id love to be able to erase some, but I can't until I have a DVD in hand. There're the two out now, which are 'episode packages' ... the first one and then the wedding one, but, dangit, I *badly* want Season 1, with commentary tracks. (And, you know, Season 2 later).

Seriously.

Anything?
The full Season 1 box set is available for pre-order on Amazon. There have been hints and teases that it will contain extras for the adult fans.

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User
To continue...

By accident. Because Cranky's new home was a disaster waiting to happen.
It's pretty hard to look for someone to blame in that situation.
He asked her to leave. She didn't leave. It was her fault it got destroyed. I hated that so much it's not even funny.

... Fuck. I'm sorry.

Were you ever able to finish the episode? As I said, I agree that she was behaving very poorly, but I thought she learned the lesson she needed to, even if she still hadn't quite internalized it. It's like Applebuck Season in that regard: The bulk of the episode highlights the focus character's worst flaw, so that they learn to overcome it.
Eventually. To be honest, I hated the ending, absolving Pinkie Pie like that. It felt so contrived, so... forced to me. She was vindicated for invading Cranky's personal space like she did.

Wakshaani

Cheesey Goodness
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The full Season 1 box set is available for pre-order on Amazon. There have been hints and teases that it will contain extras for the adult fans.
SQUEEEE!!!!

ahem.

As for the adult stuff, since this one's aimed at kids, know what I'd do?

I'd go ahead and put in Easter Eggs. Stick a secret menu in there that the grown-ups could find but that the kids probably wouldn't, and have it be full of the features that kids wouldn't care for. Put your coloring book and your poor trivia game in the main menu, sure, but give us cast interviews and behind the scenes stuff in the secret menu. Episode commentary! No kids would care, but, durnit, I'd love to hear what writers and actors thought of some of this stuff!

Heck, make it the Konami Code, and have the normal menu transform to "My Little Bronies", where the Mane Six and Celestia vanish, replaced by Bon Bon, Lyra, Octavia, Vinyl Scratch, Dr Whooves, Derpy, and Luna. People would DIE.

Stryke

Bang and a Boom
Validated User
I hadn't seen that. Thanks a bunch for showing me. That comic is going right in the saved folder with...holy crap I got a lot of pony stuff in here...
Here we go, it's not animated but it is pretty awesomely fandubbed.

[video=youtube;Xzz9g7TSvk4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzz9g7TSvk4[/video]

Commentaries have been confirmed for the box set so yay!

How about two ace PMV's featuring Spike.

[video=youtube;aZqx1H-Y2Us]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZqx1H-Y2Us&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LL8cEQqm_liGQngpX5owNJVw[/video]

[video=youtube;QVUEYlyQVI8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVUEYlyQVI8&feature=g-hist&context=G2afb439AHT3mVGwALAA[/video]

Now for some fanart, starting with of course the classic Warhammer is Magic.

Spoiler: Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom