[My Little Pony] FiM Discussion Thread 7: Pinkie Pie's Bakery

Morne the Bearkiller

Bears killed: 0.5
Validated User
This is really the true genius of Lauren Faust, and what she did with this show.

"Oh, you want me to retool a show for little girls based on merchandising a toyline of candy-colored magical ponies? Muahahahah!"
This is one of the reasons why Fluttershy is my favorite pony, but Rarity will always be best pony.

She's the vain, beautiful, girly-girl fashion-obsessed type who owns a dress shop, whose magical talent is finding pretty gems, and who is often seen in episodes giving her friends makeovers. In a show for little girls about magical candy-colored ponies.

And here we are, quite seriously and using evidence from the show itself, talking about the details of her martial arts/fighting style and how much she apparently enjoys punching dudes straight in the mouth in mass, brutal brawls during invasions of swarms of bug-like monsters.

This cartoon is one of the greatest kid shows ever produced, just because of that.

EDIT: Though, really, it only makes sense that the Element of Generosity would be just as generous at handing out asswhuppin's.
The more I think about it, the more I realize how true this is. She's like a subversion of stereotypes, by... kind of not being a subversion at all. It's weird, and I love it. It's not just Faust herself doing the old "mwahahaha!" either. When Hasbro said "hey, we want to make wedding toys, make a wedding episode," Jayson Thiessen ran so far with that that my head spun.

So speaking of the thread ending, the next one's title should probably be Celestia-related, perhaps? Or maybe Spike? Whatever it's called, I'm sure we've got plenty more to say about ponies, as evidenced by the sudden awesome upswing in discussion about Rarity and Pinkie Pie and who they are, what makes them tick, and what cool things the show brings out about them.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So speaking of the thread ending, the next one's title should probably be Celestia-related, perhaps? Or maybe Spike? Whatever it's called, I'm sure we've got plenty more to say about ponies, as evidenced by the sudden awesome upswing in discussion about Rarity and Pinkie Pie and who they are, what makes them tick, and what cool things the show brings out about them.
Celestia, Luna, then Spike.

Also I am collecting pics right now, new thread should be up in minutes ^^

Top Bottom