[My Little Pony] FiM Discussion Thread 8: Princess Celestia's Castle Hall

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The ponying continues through threads One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, and now Eight!

Time to kick it Canterlot style with the Princess!

Source

Source

Post all Pony-related stuff that isn't a WIW, fanfic rec, or otherwise for another thread here :)

Here's the active fanfic thread.

Current WiW threads: Dawgstar's, Sun Tzu's, HDImagination's and Stryke's

Please mind the spoilers for the sake of everyone's enjoyment of the thread, unless it's from an aired episode keeping it hidden under black bars and sblocks is highly appreciated.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So Celestia, what do you think we should do now you have your new thread?

Gotcha.

(Source)

Orthodox_Gozerite

Validated User
All hail to our Celestial Princess, co-chair of the Diurnal Throne. Curse the lack of English synonyms for a 24-hour period.

But back to how exactly is Pinkie Pie mad and when Rarity became a character we could love instead of a stereotype?

For me it's Suited for Success. Great song, great episode and showed Rarity in her generosity, her OCD perfectionism and her acumen as a small business owner. Unlike Pinkie Pie (who I only tolerated until Cutie Mark Chronicles and Party of One) I was favorably disposed to Rarity from part two of the premiere. A little detail that has been carried over throughout the show.

SHE UPS AND KICKS A MANTICORE IN THE FACE! Inaugural Mane Cast violence, something she has not subsequently been shy about deploying at all. For the effete, prissy, fashionista to whip out the kickboxing? My first inkling that the characters may not be all they seem on the surface.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
SHE UPS AND KICKS A MANTICORE IN THE FACE! Inaugural Mane Cast violence, something she has not subsequently been shy about deploying at all. For the effete, prissy, fashionista to whip out the kickboxing? My first inkling that the characters may not be all they seem on the surface.
Also, Rarity knows when to deploy violence and when not to. Dash can rush in, Twilight can definitely act without thinking, Rarity considers whether it's time for social fu or a kick in the face!

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User
Yeah, Rarity got her 'buck stereotype in the face' moment when she... bucked a Manticore in the face in episode two. Right then and there I knew this show was something special.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah, Rarity got her 'buck stereotype in the face' moment when she... bucked a Manticore in the face in episode two. Right then and there I knew this show was something special.
And said "Take that you ruffian!"

Showing that it's not that she ditched the elegant persona and fought. She fought while remaining a fashionista.

Top Bottom