• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

My RPG.net Anime Thread Can't Be This General!

Ikselam

may one day be worthy of your grace
Validated User
Third in a series.

Spring 2013 season is beginning. Talk about Japanese cartoons and related topics.

edit: now with moe-moe mascot girl

Last edited:

Pip

Citizen of Ireland
Validated User
Blast of Tempest

I assume that the anime outstripped the manga, which is why it ended the way it did? Still a pretty good ending, if not as good as the series deserved.

Girls und Panzer

I loved the last two episodes! I really hope we get a second series!

Chihayafuru

What was that? Six cards total? It was epic, though :)

Fortune Arterial

Decent enough ending, but it could have done with a bit more of the final dialogue being given to Erika instead of Kohei.

Asura Cryin'

Ok ... so by the point I've got to there are three student councils, a student union, three different universes, three demon Yakuza families, etc ... :)

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Blast of Tempest

I assume that the anime outstripped the manga, which is why it ended the way it did? Still a pretty good ending, if not as good as the series deserved.
I don't think so : the manga ended this month too, so presumably they had the anime writers had the whole story available to them.

Chihayafuru

What was that? Six cards total? It was epic, though :)
Seven, I think : Chihaya lost 4 cards in a row, then won 3 back.

Loved the bit of backstory with the photography club guys. Megumu is a complete sadist. :D

Ikselam

may one day be worthy of your grace
Validated User
Last edited:

Wolfwood2

Validated User
Blast of Tempest

It really turned into a dramatically different story than what it started out as. We started with violent high school students fighting evil mages who were killing entire towns. We ended with one of the violent high school students expositing on the value of an education as he studies for his college entrance exams.

Propagandor

Square-Cube Law Compliant
Validated User
A friend was showing off an anime to me but I can't remember the name.

At first it starts out like a slice of life, with the teenage male protagonist rushing to school (the world has airships floating in the sky though) but the school bus explodes and and an energ thing embeds itself in his arm, turning him into a big white monster thing. Then airships drop big pink objects that hatch monsters.

There is a girl in a pink/red jet fighter launching from an airship in the intro
The whole thing has a mid twentieth century tech level despite airships

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
A friend was showing off an anime to me but I can't remember the name.

At first it starts out like a slice of life, with the teenage male protagonist rushing to school (the world has airships floating in the sky though) but the school bus explodes and and an energ thing embeds itself in his arm, turning him into a big white monster thing. Then airships drop big pink objects that hatch monsters.

There is a girl in a pink/red jet fighter launching from an airship in the intro
The whole thing has a mid twentieth century tech level despite airships
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4177/Bounen_no_Xamdou perhaps?

Wolfwood2

Validated User
I think it's short-hand for "course", though I may be wrong. The basic season building block for Japanese anime (maybe all Japanese television; I don't know), is 11 to 13 weekly episodes. That's a "cour". A two-cour show is a show that goes from 22 to 26 episodes in continuous weekly broadcasts for what is usually a continuous story. (There's sometimes a week-long break here or there.) This is distinct from shows that get 'sequel' seasons where 11 to 13 episodes are followed by another 11 to 13 episodes months or years later.

Thrund

Validated User
12- or 13- episode run (traditionally 13 but 12 seems to be more common these days). So 24- or 26-episode seasons are 2-cour, and are often produced as if they were two seasons (e.g. a change of theme music at the mid point).

The four cours are a TV scheduling thing, and Japanese TV still sticks to it more rigidly than most countries do (for example, 4 13-episode seasons used to also be the standard for UK scheduling, but hasn't been for many years). On the plus side, very few shows get moved around in the schedules or cancelled early.

Edit: Wolfwood2 is right, they can be as short as 11 episodes. And cour, like anime, is taken from French.

Last edited:
Top Bottom