• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

Mysterium's Bad Design

SetentaeBolg

Validated User
I think you get all your clairvoyance tokens back half way through and don't you get six? For 12 possible points?
You get your tokens back in round 4, which you don't reach if everyone gets a perfect round. When you are playing with 4/5 players you get four tokens, two of which are positive and two of which are negative, so (again, if you are fortunate enough to get a perfect game) you are getting at most two points for bets.

General Fishsticks

Tribune of the Plebs
Validated User
Like Neaden, after the first couple of games we simply junked that scoring track, the whole second guessing etc. added an unnecessarily divisive element in an otherwise fun co-op game. The whole thing functions to create a weird competitive element.
To offset we tend to limit the number of crows or play with more cards to increase difficulty. At the end everyone gets to see the 3 cards and then debate the correct one.

Maxen M

Somewhere off to the side
Validated User
The game's rules change in every language, but you might find one of the earlier versions more satisfying, as they work fine and don't have the points system, a friend of mine picked up a translation of one of the european versions, but I can't remember from where.

SuperZero

Validated User
I have never seen that come up, although I don't think I've ever played with that few players, either.
Never seen everybody done by round three. But I do have to admit that I've seen people throw their first object clue because giving their teammates more points for correctly predicting they'd get it wrong was more valuable then the point for finishing that round.

Dweller in Darkness

Formerly 'Dweller'
Validated User
I have never seen that come up, although I don't think I've ever played with that few players, either.
Never seen everybody done by round three. But I do have to admit that I've seen people throw their first object clue because giving their teammates more points for correctly predicting they'd get it wrong was more valuable then the point for finishing that round.
The one time I saw someone do that, they only thought they knew the right answer. They were wrong, so they spent three rounds getting past the first phase and were far enough off their game they never made it to the final guess.

Top Bottom