• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Nørwegian Style] Breaking the language barrier

matthijs

Retired User
Norwegian game designers are trying to break the language barrier.

For decades we’ve been borrowing US and UK ideas. We’ve played English-language games since the seventies. Back then, we played D&D, translating modules on the fly. These days we’re playing indie games. And we’re writing games.

Now we're posting them on the Nørwegian Style blog for free download.

If you want to know what’s going on in Norwegian gaming, but nobody ever actually taught you Norwegian, this blog is for you.

Anders Nygaard

Validated User
The new skin looks nice!

My game's in the anthology already. But maybe I could translate my amputation of Burning Wheel? Or... is there room for scenarios as well as full games?

matthijs

Retired User
Doesn't matter if it's in the anthology already - you're free to submit it to the blog as well!

And there's definitely room for scenarios.

Anders Nygaard

Validated User
Most of the stuff that's been turning up on the blog lately has been "RPG poetry" type games. Pick it up, play, capture the mood/vibe/whatever that thing is you feel about some particular dramatic event, done in 15 minutes.

Great stuff, but I'm getting impatient for something a little more chunky. Antyhing with more than one scene, more than a couple of pages. Having some free time coming up in may, I could schedule a little translation time if any norwegians in here are hiding something in their drawer. (Maybe a Draug theory essay/excerpt, Matthijs?)

And perhaps , possibly, maybe, if Web Overlord Matthijs approves, we could upload something originally written in Foreign, by, you know, a *shudder* Foreigner? If it fits the Style?

matthijs

Retired User
I'd definitely be interested if anyone reading RPG.net - Norwegian or otherwise - wanted to try their hand at writing an RPG poem, since they're very popular.

Top Bottom