🎨 Creative [necro][101] Something!-punk settings

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
Re: [101] Something!-punk settings

PlaguePunk

When the Grey Death came to the Lowbergs, the nobs in Highplains and Southford poopooed and said it served us right. Now Highplains is home only to the dead, and the entire Isle is under quarantine, all bridges cut. Only Southford, the so called Clean Zone, maintains connection to the outside world. They're terrified in Southford, terrified that they will be next... all because they didn't help us when they had the chance.

Out here in the Lowbergs and Highplains, the Plague Quarters, we the Pestilent try to survive even as our own bodies rebel against us. Many of us die, but some the Grey Death spares... some it inducts.

We are the Pestilent. And the barricades of Southford cannot keep us out.

Lugaru

Face behind all smileys
Validated User

I started working on a poker based game once that was...

Western Punk

Think Aeon Flux meets A fist full of dollars. Think six shooters filled with nerve toxin, acrobatic train robbers, massive minotaur cattle thieves and mysterious natives influenced by ancient alien visitors. Steam engines brought us the trains and immigrants to build the tracks, but also giant strange steam powered creatures with Gatling gun appendages fighting for both the north and south. It is a world where the law is only as strong as those who enforce it, and outlaws and bounty hunters are worshiped by settlers.

MoonHunter

Game Guru-Thread Shepherd
RPGnet Member
Validated User

I am a punk, I can't seem to come up with another one of these? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Where the heck is that guy?

Max

A dapper chap without a doubt
RPGnet Member
Validated User

PlaguePunk

When the Grey Death came to the Lowbergs, the nobs in Highplains and Southford poopooed and said it served us right. Now Highplains is home only to the dead, and the entire Isle is under quarantine, all bridges cut. Only Southford, the so called Clean Zone, maintains connection to the outside world. They're terrified in Southford, terrified that they will be next... all because they didn't help us when they had the chance.

Out here in the Lowbergs and Highplains, the Plague Quarters, we the Pestilent try to survive even as our own bodies rebel against us. Many of us die, but some the Grey Death spares... some it inducts.

We are the Pestilent. And the barricades of Southford cannot keep us out.
Oooooh. The Masque of the Red Death punk!

spittingimage

hawwwk-ptui
Validated User

I am a punk, I can't seem to come up with another one of these? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Where the heck is that guy?
Sometimes there just aren't enough variations on a theme to reach 101. I don't think we should force it if it's not there.

MoonHunter

Game Guru-Thread Shepherd
RPGnet Member
Validated User

True. Even with repeats, I thought there would be more than this by now. In many ways, good gaming setting are often very punk. They have a traditional way, with the PCs taking that way up to 11 and using it for something other than what it is normally used for. Mecha are really for loading and construction, yet PCs would go all Ripley and use them for combat. Xeno-Genetic grafts would be for medical reasons, the punk would be to use them for strickly cosmetic reasons or push them to enhance combat or other functions. So ... I expected more.

This thread isn't dead... it will keep getting added to for a while. I mean some of these theads are a year or two old by the time they get to 101. I expect this will be the same.

Random_Interrupt

Brutal Games Developer
Validated User

Mecha are really for loading and construction, yet PCs would go all Ripley and use them for combat.
Hmmm... Dekotora-styled mech gangs in a dystopian future of corporate union-busting, formed by angry construction crews... I can work with this, more thoughts later.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User

35) Tankpunk

The tanks. Those big, smoke-belching, armored behemoths that spew death and fire in every direction, churning up the earth with their treads. That's what they've used to keep us down.

Only the Great Lords know how to get hold of them. "Great Lords", what a joke! There's nothing great about them. Inbred, degenerate fops who live off of our work, our sweat, our blood. We work the fields, we sweat in the factories, we bleed on the battlefields while they sit in their high castles and eat, bathe and fuck all day long and sleep in soft feather beds. Know what my bed is? It's that rat-eaten blanket on a pile of month-old straw over there.

And every time we try to rise up against them, out roll the tanks, crushing is, burning us, killing us with explosions and bullets. There's not a one here who hasn't lost someone to the tanks, am I right?

Right.

That's how it's always been. But now... now we have this. It doesn't look like much, does it? Just a metal tube. But that's not the important part. Just like the troubadours sing when they're trying to get a meal from an ugly innkeeper, it's what inside that counts. And inside this metal tube is something that can kill a tank. It's not that hard to make - any blacksmith and alchemy-factory assemblyman can put one together in a day or so. It's even easier to use. Just put it on your shoulder, point it at a tank, pull this thing here and whoosh! Big hole in the tank.

The age of the tank is over. This is the age of the Tank Terror.

Eric the .5b

Hail the Milleni-odel!
Validated User

Sometimes there just aren't enough variations on a theme to reach 101. I don't think we should force it if it's not there.
I've been thinking that these threads should be more "32 Flavors of..." for awhile. Lower number to shoot for, and any more is gravy.

Top Bottom