• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

🎨 Creative [necro][101] Something!-punk settings

The Jovial GM

The Jovial GM
Validated User
Re: [101] Something!-punk settings

They call one of 'em a king, and the other a clown. It's the other way around, really, 'cause the clown's always one step ahead of the other guy. The two have been fighting for a hundred years now, and it's the average bubber on the street that takes the hit. More cholesterol, higher transfats, horse meat, jingles. Hell, there's even a shamrock shake, and we all know shamrocks don't taste like mint. But they keep feeding us this shit, and we keep eating it, and now too many of us look like the Michelin Man gone wrong.

Not me. I keep in shape. I know the real war is coming, where it's the king and the clown against us all.

The worst part is what we don't know. We don't know what's inside, the base components of the soft cheese squeezed right from the teats of pharm goats, or whether the meat is really beef or some synth product loaded with a swarm of bots giving your brain nanoscopic electroshock when you glance at the wrong ad or some shit.

Thing is, if you don't work for one of the corps – Google, for instance – a McDouble a day is about all you can afford. Could be worse; twenty three grams of protein – that's half a fuckin' daily serving right there! – three hundred some odd calories, twenty percent of your daily calcium. Somehow most of us thrive on the damn things. Oh, there are other places to get food on the cheap, if you don't mind stick-rat and homebrewed grog. Compared, that little round sandwich all neatly wrapped in white paper is heaven, even if every bite drags us closer to hell.

Burgerpunk

Last edited:

The Ent

No Huorn, boy! No Huorn!
Validated User

Bronzepunk

For milennia, Man lived in small tribes, at peace with himself (well save those pesky cannibals and Neanderthals and things) and Nature (well except sabertooth tigers and cave bears and dinosaurs and things)...then It Happened. Bronze appeared and, with it, cities and temples and horses and gods and many other scary things. Hordes of horrible raiders appeared all over the place for no logical reason. You're orphans. Your old lives, your old beliefs, your old World is gone. Scorched away with Blood-splattered metal. It's time for someone to change this. To wield the Bronze for good not evil. A Warrior with a sword of Bronze is worth a dozen men with axes of Stone, everyone knows this. It's time for someone, out there, to pick up the Bronze and Slay the evils of the New World - the raiders, the cultists, the TYRANTS- and the evils of the Old - the cannibals, the Neanderthals, the dinosaurs - both. It's time for BRONZEPUNK (and muscles. Lots of muscles.).

LoneWolf23

Validated User

51) Clawpunk

Humanity always needs cheap workers willing to do the crummy jobs, solider who can spill their lives, and a host of other less than desirable things. Genetic Engineering was supposed to solve these issues by giving us "human products". However people squeeled about Slavery, the rights of man, and so on. The Supreme Court came down. If it started from non-human seed (or from hypermodified human seed) and was less than 50% human DNA, it was not a person.

Given the ruling, the Gene Cartel shifted product lines from Human Products to Animal Products. Bipedal Constructs (can't call them Moreau, that is trade marked) that were animals with 49% Human DNA became the tools of the new genetic age. They did all the hard work. They did all the dirty work. They fought all the wars. When they were done, you could just get rid of them. That lasted for a while, but people thought it was too harsh on "the animals". They tried to set them up for adoption to another human owner, but that was not too success. Then the wars created a huge surplus of constructs. The companies that owned them were about to inherit a huge problem of graying constructs. In some cases, companies didn't want to create "pastures" to put these constructs out to. They simply let them go and gave them limited legal rights as a spun off corporate division. Dispossessed elderly constructs were taking up Human Homeless positions, and alcoholics, and ... Well it was no way to treat a man or an animal OR EVEN A BIPEDAL CONSTRUCT.

51% was enough not to be human, or treated with dignity.

"We are 51% Angry at being used. We will use every skill we learned in your wars. We will use our understanding of the infrastructure. We will use are our animal cunning.

You will give us 51% of your attention.

It is the call of the Wild. You better take that call.
Clawpunk. Or, as I like to call it, "Furrypunk"!

Lambtron

Retired User

I finally find a suitable position in the musty old church steeple. How ironic. I fire. The hypersonic bullet collapses three layers of transparent polycarb armor, shreds a suitcase filled with unmarked cash, neatly bisectes the mayor of Bologne through his stinking guts, then vaporises the right arm and shoulder of a Catholic Bishop there to make his monthly payment. Shit, missed. He'll have that arm back within the week. Got to get out of here before those skinless mutant biocyborg clones they use as exterminators catches my scent. I'm cybered up, but the odds aren't in my favor. Got to get back to Avignon.

The Catholic church hasn't been a church since Benedict IX's secret exterminations. It's a front for descendants of Machiavelli, who have concentrated wealth and power for centuries. And they are about to make their move. But so are we. They thought the real church was dead, but we were just resting, gathering strength for the final struggle. Me and my inquisitors take the sins upon ourselves. We can't afford to turn the other cheek.

That's right, I'm the Pope. The real one. I know I'm going to Hell. But I'm taking them with me.

PopePunk

Yadal

Validated User

I'm not sure how to do these, but a few possible ideas:

A- Punk-punk (Punk as in "worthless people", or some other definition of it)
B- Cat-punk (Cats ruling the world or the key technology or something like that...)
C- Z-Punk (As in DBZ. An author appeal one, really. The idea of DBZ-style chi powers ruling)

Killer300

Validated User

Demon Punk
You went to Hell. Probably was over something minor, being that you're rather young, or over something that long shouldn't have been a sin, like masturbation. However, Hell isn't the place of torture its built up to be. Or at least, not the Hell you were sent to.
Instead, its a place of careers. Truly equal opportunity, as you all become demons. Drag more souls to Hell, like that boss you always hated anyway, and you can have any carnal pleasure you want.

Problem is, being a Demon means you've seen how God screwed over not only you, but all of creation. Additionally, your form makes various pleasures wane in power. So, while on the surface you'll just grab more souls, perhaps you can do something on the side. If one is a demon, perhaps one can make all those mega-corps take care of the masses? Nothing is scarier than Hell, on the surface, right?

Angel Punk

They gave you a deal, but it wasn't for your soul, rather it was to save it from otherwise being damned. In return however, you had to do a terrible job. You have to be an Angel.
And you aren't one of those nice angels either, rather, you're the classic three headed six winged variety that's aesthetically accurate to the original bible. Your voice is no better, making most run screaming in terror, no matter what you have to say. And you're supposed to help the mortals that run in terror from you, saving souls to redeem your own.

Well, there's a nice perk. As long as you don't kill anyone, you can do anything you want to get mortals to act better. That does indeed include forcing your old boss into giving your living peers a raise, among other nice benefits.

Last edited:

TheGentlemanOtherwise

Poor Man's Demiurge
Validated User

You woke up in this apartment with absolutely no idea of who you were.

Lucky for you, there was a packet on the table, explaining: your name, your residency, some important numbers and figures for your bank account. It explained that you had been poor -- destitute -- that you had had great ideas but no money. So you went to the Memory Banks. There, piece by piece, day by day, you sold off your memories to make ends meet: the hands of your mother -- that was one. The smell of the heat of your one vacation -- another. You didn't have many good memories, so you were never wealthy until some nouveau riches, slumming it, stumbled upon you. They made you their maenad -- by night you'd attend the wildest parties, perform the most disgusting acts and sink to the depths of pleasure and pain on their coin, and by day you'd have the memories taken from you so that they could enjoy the memory without having to degrade themselves. Eventually, after you became addicted to various chemicals so they could recall the high without any side effects, they got tired of you and threw you away.

You made the final sacrifice, selling your entire past in exchange for an apartment and food and a cravekiller treatment for the designer drugs, and you made this note: to tell your amnesiac self to make it big, track down your memories and get back your past. That's all you cared about.

Well, someone cared about that. But to you -- you right now, not some stranger from a strange other life -- the idea of selling off pieces of the past, having to sell your history to survive, burns. And in the walks you've taken you've seen people peddling other memories: firearms training memories, knowledge of systems and sabotage, how to mix an explosive... you've got just about enough for the 2-year career of a rookie street samurai. When you get your past self, you're not going to buy it. You're going to take it back.

Memorypunk

Last edited:

Killer300

Validated User

Nothing on mine?:(

But yeah, it's indeed very excellent.:)

Top Bottom