• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[necro]BRP Central Hacked??

Meliadus

Retired User
When I try to visit BRP Central I'm getting a Google Malware alert. Anyone else had the same issue? Anyone know what's happening?

Claudius

Validated User
Re: BRP Central Hacked??

Yes, I had the same problem yesterday. I thought it was an issue with my browser.

Chaot

I feel that people should be Celebrated.
Validated User

Yup. And a database error when I visit it.

Meliadus

Retired User

Doesn't sound good. Has this happened before? I've only recently started going there and was enjoying the banter so it would be a shame if its been crippled beyond repair.

RosenMcStern

Rokari Wizard
Validated User

The site has been plagued by a Trojan Horse for some days, but this morning it showed on malware blacklists. After that, the database went "poof" and there is no communication coming from the admin, whom I have contacted repeatedly by email.

I hope that Trifletraxor is able to fix the problem. He has already faced system failures before.

I have emailed these news through BRP Central's Yahoo mailing list, but I do not know how many people will be reached by my message, as Trif has not been using the yahoo group for one year or so.

If it does not come back soon, I can open a "D100" generic folder in the English section of our forums for the general use of those who feel the "urge" to chat about BRP. The Italian forums already have one and it is somehow working.

birch polypore

Retired User

Clearly an attack by a D100 competitor. This highly competitive scene is plagued by gun skirmishes, knife fights and internet attacks.

Chaot

I feel that people should be Celebrated.
Validated User

I hope that Trifletraxor is able to fix the problem. He has already faced system failures before.
Me too. In addition to just being a nice corner of the internet, it's become quite a deposit of ideas and information. It would be a real shame if it went away.

I've only recently started going there and was enjoying the banter so it would be a shame if its been crippled beyond repair.
Welcome to the boards!

Clearly an attack by a D100 competitor. This highly competitive scene is plagued by gun skirmishes, knife fights and internet attacks.
Clearly! Or maybe it's an outside group. One of the bell-curve fanatics!

Meliadus

Retired User

Welcome to the boards!
Thx! I've lurked on BRP cent for a while but now I'm starting a BRP campaign I wanted to formally join and i'm disappointed that I've been denied the opportunity.

Heres hoping the admins manage to retrive the site and make it safe.

Beyond00

Validated User

I do hope they manage to recover. It's a lot of work and sorting out the mess from hacks can be difficult and involved. :(

If it goes offline permanently (which would be very sad) there's the possibility we could always open a d100 forum on YSDC, but seeing BRP Central back is best.

- Just spotted the Alepthar offer - which may be a good alternative!

Last edited:

Triff

Retired User

Greetings everyone! Yes the site has been hacked and infected with trojans, malware and whatnot. I'm currently travelling in Tanzania (nearly croaked on Kilimanjaro yesterday), and just discovered the infection today when I checked my email, where I found an email about a security patch update from vBulletin (the forum software) and several messages from BRP Central members about the situation. There's preciously little I can do about it now until I get home, except taking the site offline to avoid any further visitors to get infected, which I have asked my hosting provider to do immediately. I'll try to rectify the situation as good as I can when I get home. The site will be back up again, the question is only how much of the database needs to be discarded for it to be safely be opened again. Hopefully it will be back up again in about two weeks time. I'll send out an email to all members when it's up and running again. Sorry for the inconveniance! Trifletraxor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom