• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[necro][Exalted 3e] Laugh at bad (and illegal) art from the Exalted pdf

notanautomaton

Banned
OPP has made a statement regarding this matter, quoted in post 344. -hk

The Exalted book is here (for backers) and while it's mostly good, I'd like to have a moment to point and laugh at some of the art. Like this piece

So glad the cheesecake isn't gone this edition. (do you see what I did there?) But seriously, this piece is terrible looking. At least the entire book isn't like that though.

For exibit b, let's look at this one:

Looks good, right? Except...

It steals from at least four other works. Pretty sure this is copyright infringement.

Anyone have any other examples?
Making this it's own thread because I don't want to shit all over the actual thread. (And seriously, most of the art is really nice. There's just a couple of turds and some bags of cocaine in the soup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rand Brittain

Go on until you're stopped.
RPGnet Member
Banned
Validated User
Re: [Exalted 3e] Laugh at bad (and illegal) art from the Exalted pdf.

Tracing isn't copyright infringement; it's just tacky.

(and probably a violation of your agreement with your publisher if you agreed to give them original art)

Last edited:

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member

The cake piece is sad because I remember that incident and its art from Masters of Jade being awesome.

notanautomaton

Banned

Tracing isn't copyright infringement; it's just tacky.

(and probably a violation of your agreement with your publisher if you agreed to give them original art)
I'm on the internet so I'm no source of illegal advice, but I'm pretty sure that those are just manipulations of the other works, which is illegal.

Matt.Ceb

40 Years of Unknown Pleasures
Validated User

One would have guessed that that one Hunter/Devil May Cry piece was enough trouble for Onyx Path. And now this. :-/

Why do artists shit on contracts like that...?

CodeBreaker

Validated User

Has any game ever done Poser art well? Honest question. It almost universally looks cheap to me. There are a few examples in the E3 core that are somewhat on the border of looking very, very Poser-ish, nevermind that most obvious example. That one isn't bad, it is laughably bad for a product that raised what, $690,000?

TheMouse

garmonbozia
Validated User

The person in red in the foreground of the Chivalry: Medieval Warfare picture is showing you how not to hold a shield while fighting. That's a very helpful thing to do.

Top Bottom