[Necro] Fallout d20

reptile2k1

Validated User
Okay folks...

I do not really like d20... It is nice for DnD, but nothing more... d20 CoC is a great insult in my eyes... but(!!!) there is one d20 game I really would like to see: Fallout d20 based on the legendary CRPGs!

It really would fit... it has Levels, Armor Class, Feats (called Perks) and all the other d20 elements. Some parts would have to be adjusted, like the S-P-E-C-I-A-L string of attributes that has to be worked in or Character Classes, that have to be left out.

And all that with the high quality graphical presentation like in the 3ed core books, hardcover, all in colour... WOW!

I really really really really want it!

Yesyesyesyes!

So what do you guys think?

NOTE: This thread is neither supposed to start a "d20 sux flamewar", nor to cover questions of "How to play Fallout with any other gaming system"!

Steven Kei Kenobi

Dark sage
Validated User
I'd be First in line to pick up a copy of this game. the CRPGs rocked. And they had damn well have rules for supermutants and cyber-dogs.

N

NPC Nobody

Actually Fallout is a game I think could make a nice d20 conversion even though the game was designed originally for GURPS :). There's an emphasis on tactical combat in the computer game that translates nicely to d20 and there's certainly some simple, obvious classes inherant to it (vault dweller, tech, survivalist, mutant, Brotherhood of Steel paladin). I don't know if I'd want to play it but d20 would certainly be a viable option.

Frank Sronce

Bad Intentions Paving
Validated User
Susanoo Orbatos said:
I think this might work better for d20 modern.
Does Modern support escalating hit points like regular D&D? They were definitely part of the setting. By the end of Fallout 2, a tough character could have hundreds of HP... of course, a critical hit by a minigun DID hundreds of points of damage, so it all balanced out in a way...

Harlan Quinn

Mild Mannered Reporter
Validated User
Check old copies of Dragon magazines..One had a section featuring Fallout using Alternity rules.

I can't remember which issue it was but I do remember seeing it.

reptile2k1

Validated User
Harlan Quinn said:
Check old copies of Dragon magazines..One had a section featuring Fallout using Alternity rules.

I can't remember which issue it was but I do remember seeing it.
An Alternity fastplay document/introductory pack could be found on the Fallout 2 CD (if I remember correctly). But that was pre-3ed era.

In case someone from WotC or Interplay is reading: "PLEEEEEEASE... tell your bosses and colleagues they HAVE to make this game!"

Shadeling

Validated User
reptile2k1 said:

An Alternity fastplay document/introductory pack could be found on the Fallout 2 CD (if I remember correctly). But that was pre-3ed era.

In case someone from WotC or Interplay is reading: "PLEEEEEEASE... tell your bosses and colleagues they HAVE to make this game!"
Alternity was a different game than D&D too...more fitting to sci-fi. I remember the rules on the Fallout 2 CD.

reptile2k1

Validated User
Susanoo Orbatos said:
Wait, are the rules actually found in the game?
Nope, not in the game! Fallout has its own system, which has many parallels to d20, that's why I made the suggestion.

An Alternity Fastplay document (pdf) can be found on the Fallout 2 CD-ROM (somewhere in a subfolder I think), with no real connection to Fallout.

Top Bottom